Thread Rating:
  • 19 Vote(s) - 3.84 Average
2v2 Replays
05-19-2013, 03:17 AM
RE: 2v2 Replays
Here's a recent Machination game I played.

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Yh6fGAww

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-21-2013, 04:35 AM
(05-17-2013 07:44 AM)burnodrod Wrote:  
(05-15-2013 01:20 AM)krogoth300 Wrote:  Good CCM Game

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Yh8XrAgw

Well played, congrats! There's a big chance you'll become nr.1 again (since they lost 2 games in a row and don't start new games). That'd be fair Smile

Thanks burnodrod; it was enough to regain #1! Smile
05-21-2013, 07:01 PM
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y9eXAAww
We were lucky to win this one. We thought we had no chances Smile
05-22-2013, 12:17 AM
And here's another one:
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Yo8G9Aww
Just notice how masterly mastercaster handles the medic (turn 11) and the bombshell (turn 27)
05-26-2013, 04:15 AM
To anyone from the top 2v2 teams: are standard openings becoming common in 2v2 games?

Me and Natichux are doing decent but am not playing that much and when we face opponents ranked higher than us we almost always get behind in the opening and have to fight an uphill battle from there!

Also, I see p1nojboy and Sir3 playing scally/feedback but otherwise scally/adorables is standard. How large difference would you say it is between those matchups?

Soldier spam FTW
05-26-2013, 07:53 AM (This post was last modified: 05-26-2013 08:17 AM by Juslas.)
Team can choose the second race according the map.
Opening position is randomized, there is a difference if adorables gets a sniper at start.
FTA is present and it is uphill battle since top teams are getting really good with specials.
Turn 2 specials is the only repeated opening I can recall.

You get often matched up to same team simultaneously - and openings differ, but it takes only one to play variation of the opening to make it different. Maybe it is just me ;-)
Scrambler is great for attacking the stronger / easier to defend base, but bombshell and mobi are so much easier to be played. Double adorables is better than bombshells only tactics. And veggies are too difficult for me.
(05-22-2013 12:17 AM)burnodrod Wrote:  And here's another one:
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Yo8G9Aww
Just notice how masterly mastercaster handles the medic (turn 11) and the bombshell (turn 27)

This is turn 2 specials well executed, opponent (that's us) don't have scout and bombshell gets some free kills immediately. Giving unit advantage with specials to team one. Bombshell is moved to tile where it can hit base on every turn - team two has 4 rounds to win or kill the shell. But mobi is also close enough that mobi sniper is danger to the base that needs to be addressed. But defense wall donates wits to bombshell ...
Bombshell shell unshell mistake won't matter and at the end mobi is sacrificed to buy one round for the base.
05-28-2013, 02:19 AM
Yeah second turn special seems to be more and more common!

Guess one idea would be to just look at what kind of turn 2 special your are able to get away with on each map, that would be much easier than trying to find specific openings and counters.

Soldier spam FTW
06-04-2013, 05:27 PM
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y-NH7Agw

In this game I invented the new opening on CCM Smile
It allows you to hit and run a unit on the opponents' WS at your second turn.
06-04-2013, 06:24 PM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2013 06:29 PM by Juslas.)
I am previlaged to learn first hand how burnodrod and mastercaster utilizes FTA. They are inventing, pushing 2v2 game forward in leaps. Statistics may state that there hasn't been FTA on 2v2, but that's just because teamwork is a mess at its best.

Mathematics and theories say there is FTA. Turn 2 specials, mastered by soon to be world number ones, has proved it the way that 2v2 wit distribution has to be addressed.

Matchmaking should also be improved, we get unintened FTA by starting multiple games when "right opponent" is not available. Easy fix would be that Super Titans always gets simultaneous game to team (just matcmaked) without FTA. I would prefer random map, but purist might argue for on same map. Random is more enjoyable for me.

And if FTA is fixed like on 1v1, simultaneously played matches for top teams would not need to be addressed on server.
Server fix is easier than beta testing the 2v2 balance. Though theories posted here have been thoughtful, analytic ... using 2v2 without beta program to test changes is ok by me ;-)
06-06-2013, 12:40 AM
(06-04-2013 05:27 PM)burnodrod Wrote:  outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y-NH7Agw

In this game I invented the new opening on CCM Smile
It allows you to hit and run a unit on the opponents' WS at your second turn.

I think I'll steal that one Wink

Soldier spam FTW