Thread Rating:
  • 19 Vote(s) - 3.84 Average
2v2 Replays
08-14-2012, 12:45 PM
RE: 2v2 Replays
(08-14-2012 09:46 AM)Mr.Banger Wrote:  Our two most recently finished games. Handed our first loss at the first time we played in blitz beach though i felt we put up a good fight at the end, advice is welcomed. Not bad considering they were rank 6 masters and we had the second turn. We played them twice actually both times with the second turn. And we went 1-1. In the loss, we butchered turn 36 by spawning a runner at the end and if we had saved that wit, we could've killed his bombshell one alexjiang1's next turn without the scrambler dying. Hindsight is 20-20 but I guess what pissed us off the most is we were deciding whether to sit or create. We also didn't know that bombshell was the best special at blitz beach. Anyways, no excuses, we learned a lot. Here they are:

Loss, 1st one started

Win, second one started
Great game. Those guys are very good. We've lost to them too. Mobi teleporting the bombshell was about the coolest thing I've seen in this game. On the turn where you killed the bombshell, I would've taken the heavy to the base and hit it for 3. You need to take what you can get on blitz because it's so easy to seal off. You hit with the heavy and they're down to 2. Now you can just keep a couple runners backed up against your base and hit them 1 at time after you pop a hole in their defense. I like to take advantage of the fact that you can go base to base with a concealed runner. Knocking a base to 2 will also stall their offense quite a bit too.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-15-2012, 05:32 AM
Just finished our shortest match. 16 turns on Blitz Beach.
08-15-2012, 06:37 AM
(08-15-2012 05:32 AM)worldfamous Wrote:  Just finished our shortest match. 16 turns on Blitz Beach.

Wow haha they didn't put up much of a fight. Props for taking advantage of greens weak side. Here's our first game ever on machination that we just recently finished.

Mobi Sneak Attack Again

iPro Clan
08-15-2012, 09:34 AM
This is a replay of a Very Narrow Win. The deciding move was the very last move.
08-15-2012, 09:51 AM
(08-15-2012 09:34 AM)sswandon Wrote:  This is a replay of a Very Narrow Win. The deciding move was the very last move.

Wow haha. They just all out charged you. Should've played some defense and their medic move in the beginning was very questionable. Anyways nice game.

iPro Clan
08-15-2012, 11:05 AM (This post was last modified: 08-15-2012 11:10 AM by worldfamous.)
(08-15-2012 06:37 AM)alexjiang1 Wrote:  
(08-15-2012 05:32 AM)worldfamous Wrote:  Just finished our shortest match. 16 turns on Blitz Beach.

Wow haha they didn't put up much of a fight. Props for taking advantage of greens weak side. Here's our first game ever on machination that we just recently finished.

Mobi Sneak Attack Again
Very nice. You guys like a good turtle war alright. Nothing like mobi to crack the shell.

(08-15-2012 09:34 AM)sswandon Wrote:  This is a replay of a Very Narrow Win. The deciding move was the very last move.

They went all in and missed on the river. Nice finish. Here's a battle we just finished where we survived an early rush and came back to get the win. Also very narrow.
08-15-2012, 12:37 PM
Alrighty. Time for some replays from yours truly!

To start with, here's a Gifted team (w/ Kelsier42) vs. Gifted team

And to follow that up, this is an Unranked team (w/ Zalteo) vs. Masters team

I AM THE 99.9997%!

[Image: sig.png]
08-17-2012, 08:16 PM (This post was last modified: 08-17-2012 08:23 PM by Drannoc95.)
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YvP2BAQw

Here, one interesant replay, where you can see a true rush ... What do you thing about this ??

Chadmcclarnon slor333 vs darklokinou drannoc95
08-17-2012, 11:58 PM (This post was last modified: 08-18-2012 12:08 AM by worldfamous.)
(08-17-2012 08:16 PM)Drannoc95 Wrote:  outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YvP2BAQw

Here, one interesant replay, where you can see a true rush ... What do you thing about this ??

Chadmcclarnon slor333 vs darklokinou drannoc95
Always nice when your opponent creates the diversion for you. I was even distracted watching the replay and didn't notice you at the base until it was at 2. Strange game. Well played.

Here's a recent, frustrating loss. First off, these guys are definitely one of the best teams we've played. I usually don't feel FTA coming into play as much in 2v2 but these guys definitely make the most of it. We're playing 3 games with them and in each they have FTA and just have that slight edge. This one definitely didn't need to end when it did. My partner made a mistake on his last turn, allowing them to finish us, but they would have had us down to 1 no matter what we did. The rush that green set up in the beginning was pretty vicious. I'd love to hear from you guys on what we could've done differently to defend.
08-18-2012, 10:00 AM
Here's an accidental random teammate game I started. Pretty good team work in the end to finish them. Opponent was a little sniper happy.