Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Titan League Points Strangeness
07-30-2012, 07:35 AM (This post was last modified: 07-30-2012 07:36 AM by calmon.)
Titan League Points Strangeness
I play Titan League (1.121 points) and actually won 7-8 games against Zero_killer (1.487 points).

Now I lose a game against him and I wonder:

The last 2 games I won (and can check) I got:

Calmon! +15 / Zero_killer -10
Calmon! +15 / Zero_killer -10

The one I lost:
Zero_killer +22 / Calmon! -15

If I remember correct I got in all won games against Zero_killer never more than 20 points.

Why is there such a difference in points? I think Zero_killer is pointwise one of (or the) highest players in outwitters. Why do I lose more for a loss and get less when I win? All games was given up. Any ideas?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-30-2012, 07:48 AM
RE: Titan League Points Strangeness
Base damage in each game? Fta in each game?
07-30-2012, 07:52 AM (This post was last modified: 07-30-2012 08:00 AM by calmon.)
I lost another just this moment. He was starting player and again he got more than 20 points and I lost more:

Zero_killer +21 / Calmon! -14

Game lasts 30 turns, Zero_killer FTA, Base at 3 on each site

I checked the 2 won I still have in history:

Game lasts 25 turns, Zero_killer FTA, Base at 5 on each site
Game lasts 36 turns, Calmon! FTA, Base at 5 on each site
but both games only provide me 15 points each and Zero_killer only lost 10
07-30-2012, 08:04 AM
Your skill rating is higher, so the system awards him more points upon winning than you because it expects you to win. I had a couple matches going with people who got dropped down to gifted league when the leagues got ironed out and I was getting 6 points for a win and they were losing 1.

Since you are getting fewer points, the Algorithm is complimenting you Wink
07-30-2012, 08:11 AM (This post was last modified: 07-30-2012 08:13 AM by calmon.)
Ok, I just read the help about League Points and you're right Smile

But when I'm higher skilled he shouldn't have far more points and leading the division and on the same time equalize the skill difference by giving him even more points and me lose more for a loss Wink. Very weird mechanic.
07-30-2012, 08:13 AM
(07-30-2012 08:11 AM)calmon Wrote:  Ok, I just read the help about League Points and you're right Smile

But when I'm higher skilled he shouldn't have far more points and leading the division. Very weird mechanic.

Haha, that's because league rank has little to do with skill, more to do with number of games played.
07-30-2012, 08:40 AM
Yeah that makes the points so useless for comparison since the inflation is per game and not over time like the sc2 bonus pool. I believe OML mentioned somewhere they wanted to change point inflation in season 2.

Rising Star Tournament for Fluffy, Clever and Gifted players - FINAL ROUND started!
07-30-2012, 05:41 PM
Does base damage matter? I've been in situations where I could win my destroying their base, or leaving them without a move. I've been curious if one is rewarded more.
07-30-2012, 06:04 PM
(07-30-2012 05:41 PM)Skaught2727 Wrote:  Does base damage matter? I've been in situations where I could win my destroying their base, or leaving them without a move. I've been curious if one is rewarded more.

From my observations, it is just win/loss, nothing else get factored in the equation. I could be wrong though Wink