Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Found Someone Cheating (Replay Attached). How do I get them banned?
08-07-2012, 06:30 PM (This post was last modified: 08-07-2012 06:31 PM by Kamikaze28.)
RE: Found Someone Cheating (Replay Attached). How do I get them banned?
(08-07-2012 10:23 AM)SymmetricInDesign Wrote:  If I "ruined other peoples days" with a video game, then they have problems. I was actually PRETTY responsible with the exploits. Do you see a single tutorial online ANYWHERE? No. Because I didn't post it. I found one exploit, then I decided to look for others. I was going to tell the Dev's regardless, I just wanted to look around for whatever else could come up.

The primary purpose of games is entertainment. You found a way to gain an unfair advantage over your opponents and continued to use this advantage even after you had proven to yourself that it works thereby depriving other players from the entertainment of the game. You even deprived yourself of this entertainment by removing any form of challenge from your matches. That's what I meant with irresponsible handling of exploits.
Find it, test it once, preferably in a friendly game with someone who knows what you are trying to do, and report it without asking the devs to come to you, there is a contact form on the OML homepage and various references to Alex' email address. That's responsible to me. What you did was wrong and detrimental to the game you seemingly tried to improve.
Nevertheless, making this exploit public would have been even worse, I'll give you that.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Found Someone Cheating (Replay Attached). How do I get them banned? - Kamikaze28 - 08-07-2012 06:30 PM