Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Found Someone Cheating (Replay Attached). How do I get them banned?
07-29-2012, 07:08 AM (This post was last modified: 07-29-2012 09:39 AM by Simmias.)
Found Someone Cheating (Replay Attached). How do I get them banned?
I'm playing against someone on Peekaboo who has two Bombshells that have already moved at least once and are in tank mode on Turn 4. I haven't worked out the math, but this doesn't seem possible. I'm just wondering if anyone has run into someone who has hacked their device and gained extra wits? Am I just paranoid?
Update: after moving one of my soldier forward, I see that he has THREE tanks on Turn 5! Something definitely fishy here.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-29-2012, 07:31 AM
RE: Has anyone encountered cheating?
Well, sounds really fishy. Please post the replay after its complete.
07-29-2012, 08:02 AM
(07-29-2012 07:08 AM)Simmias Wrote:  Update: after moving one of my soldier forward, I see that he has THREE tanks on Turn 5! Something definitely fishy here.

You mean on your opponent's 3rd turn (Turn 5 total), s/he has 3 bombshells? (I'm assuming tank means bombshell)

This means s/he has had access to 19 wits. 3 bombshells costs 21 wits. Impossible. Submit replay when you're done please.

If by tank you mean heavy, then I'm assuming you've seen 3 heavies and 2 bombshells. Even if your opponent started with 1 heavy, that means s/he has made 2 bombshells and 2 heavies. 7+7+4+4=22 wits. Again, impossible.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
07-29-2012, 09:06 AM
Ok, here is the replay:

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIQCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y8NprDA

This person is clearly cheating. They didn't even capture their bonus square and spawned 3 Bombshells within the first 4 Turns.

How do I report this and get this user banned?

Note: the replay crashes for me after Turn 1 (which is also fishy), but you can see the whole thing by skipping ahead to turn 3 or 4.
07-29-2012, 09:13 AM (This post was last modified: 07-29-2012 09:34 AM by CombatEX.)
(07-29-2012 09:06 AM)Simmias Wrote:  Ok, here is the replay:

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIQCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y8NprDA

This person is clearly cheating. They didn't even capture their bonus square and spawned 3 Bombshells within the first 4 Turns.

How do I report this and get this user banned?

Note: the replay crashes for me after Turn 1 (which is also fishy), but you can see the whole thing by skipping ahead to turn 3 or 4.

Link

Can this guy be banned please? =/

Also, to the thread starter, can you change your thread title to some that indicates you have found a cheater? That, and more importantly, send Alex or Adam a PM. They seem pretty good about reading those (or were when my friend last sent one).

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
07-29-2012, 10:04 AM
RE: Found Someone Cheating (Replay Attached). How do I get them banned?
Well congrats Adam and Alex, you've got hackers on your hands now.

Masters again finally Master League

Member of the Wolfpack clan.
07-29-2012, 01:46 PM
(07-29-2012 10:04 AM)Bluegodzill Wrote:  Well congrats Adam and Alex, you've got hackers on your hands now.

*takes a bow*

But seriously, I'll be looking into the replay and if the user is found to be hacking 100%, he'll be banned 100%. Pretty simple. Don't have much tolerance for cheaters.
07-29-2012, 02:52 PM
(07-29-2012 07:08 AM)Simmias Wrote:  I'm playing against someone on Peekaboo who has two Bombshells that have already moved at least once and are in tank mode on Turn 4. I haven't worked out the math, but this doesn't seem possible. I'm just wondering if anyone has run into someone who has hacked their device and gained extra wits? Am I just paranoid?
Update: after moving one of my soldier forward, I see that he has THREE tanks on Turn 5! Something definitely fishy here.

No doubt he's cheating. He has the bombshell deployed, moved, and shelled all on turn 2 (which is your turn).
07-29-2012, 05:26 PM
The replay shuts down after the first move. Damn I wanted to see that.
07-29-2012, 08:44 PM
(07-29-2012 05:26 PM)Skaught2727 Wrote:  The replay shuts down after the first move. Damn I wanted to see that.

Skip to move 3 and it's fine