Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Found Someone Cheating (Replay Attached). How do I get them banned?
08-09-2012, 02:28 AM
RE: Found Someone Cheating (Replay Attached). How do I get them banned?
Don't listen to Calmon! He's full of lies* and trickery*!

*this reputation-smearing has nothing to do with Calmon just having passed me on the Ailing Trail leaderboard, I swear! ;)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2012, 07:31 PM
Hi guys,

could you help me figure out what was going on here? It seems that beginning with turn 7 this player spends more wits than possible.

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YkNXrAQw

What do you make of it? Is this a cheater? Or someone who for some reason gets to play by +1 wits/kill rules?
11-02-2012, 07:45 PM
(11-02-2012 07:31 PM)Witstanclan Wrote:  Hi guys,

could you help me figure out what was going on here? It seems that beginning with turn 7 this player spends more wits than possible.

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YkNXrAQw

What do you make of it? Is this a cheater? Or someone who for some reason gets to play by +1 wits/kill rules?
Doesn't seem as though they are cheating. And no one plays with the +1 wit/kill on the live server. There's a separate beta server with all the tweaks.
11-02-2012, 07:50 PM
Hi QuantumApocalypse,

thanks for the fast reply. I was about to remove my post as I only now realized that the wit spots keep on giving even after you leave them. So I lost fair and square due to my crappy play. Apologies to my opponent.
11-03-2012, 03:03 AM
Witstanclan, just out of curiosity, have you ever played any other turn based strategy games in the past? The concept of capturing resource points like the bonus wit space is so familiar to me from numerous other games, but you're not the first one to be confused by it so clearly it's a new concept to many new to Outwitters.

Any idea what could have been done different in the game to make the concept more clear to you in your first match or two?
11-03-2012, 03:29 AM
Yea I was just wondering that wonderpug. I would have assumed the visual feedback (color staying the team color) would have been sufficient, but apparently not o.O

There's a tutorial the first time you play Outwitters right? Maybe it could specify that mechanic there?

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
11-04-2012, 08:53 PM
That is quite OK. I did exactly the same thing last week and learned about the bonus square rule the same way. Http://www.onemanleft.com/forums/showthr...1#pid10061

Glad to know I am not the only one to misunderstand how the bonus works. I am winning more games now I don't squat on the bonus square all the time and finally moved into gifted league. Watch your points soar now!

Including the bonus hex rule in the tutorial would be very helpful for those of us who haven't played tuned based strategy games (and who are also too dumb to notice the hex colors .....).
12-17-2012, 05:42 AM
Wanted to report that "Jerssrk" is cheating.

Peekaboo map, I was 2nd to go, I moved a scout and he had 1 BS already after his first turn.

I just stopped there and left the game, I didn't give up it so it's just sitting in queue.
12-17-2012, 05:47 AM
post the replay here once the game ends

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
12-17-2012, 11:07 AM
(12-17-2012 05:42 AM)shifty37 Wrote:  Wanted to report that "Jerssrk" is cheating.

Peekaboo map, I was 2nd to go, I moved a scout and he had 1 BS already after his first turn.

I just stopped there and left the game, I didn't give up it so it's just sitting in queue.

If you're sure he's cheating, you might as well quit the game now, there's no way you're going to win if he's popping out Bombshells like that. Post the replay here, and Adam or Alex will take care of him forever. I don't think there's anything they can do for your points, though.

Gamecenter: EmuchuSuper-Titan Top 200, #34
"How'd you fix it?"
"I just employed a blunt-impact mechanical stress routine."
"What?"
"I kicked it."