Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Outwitter's Slang!
07-28-2012, 05:05 AM
Rainbow New Outwitter's Slang!
I think we, as a community, should put our heads together and start discussing some cool terms relevant to the game that we could start throwing around in our matches. My first idea, OUTWITTED.

I am positive (+) that there have been games were you have a 100% chance to bag the game on your next turn, and your opponent cant do crap (say, a complete boosted heavy surround?). This is commonly known as "Checkmate". This isn't some boring old board (te he) game, this is Outwitters! From now on, when i get into this kind of situation, im going to hop on the chat and say.... "Outwitted!", or maybe "You just got Witted!" I'm gonna start this with my buddies who also love this game just as much as me, feel free to hop on the band-wagon! Please post some other ideas as well, guys. This is one of the fun parts of growing a game!Heart

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cool One day, i will be Super-Titan! One day....
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-28-2012, 08:26 AM
RE: New Outwitter's Slang!
Saying 'outwitted' when your opponent is in 'checkmate' reminds me of offensive gg in Starcraft. In other words, it's BM (bad manner) to call gg when you're about to win. Personally my Starcraft mentality results in me only saying gg when I lose or after my opponent says gg if I win. I'll pretty much always start a game off with 'glhf' though =)

I think the difference in Chess is that you're supposed to call 'check' whenever you're threatening your opponent's king so calling 'checkmate' doesn't seem like BM. It'd be like if you were required to say 'gb' (good battle? =P) whenever you win an engagement in Starcraft. Then calling gg when you're about to win wouldn't seem like you're rubbing it in. That would just be how the game is since you've been required to call out when your opponent is in a bad position throughout the game. But that's not the case so calling gg when you're about to win in SC seems more like gloating rather than a formality (like calling check or checkmate).

Anyway, don't mean to rain on your parade. I like your general idea but I just personally won't be calling out my opponent the turn before I win ^^
07-28-2012, 07:28 PM
RE: New Outwitter's Slang!
You rang?