Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Currently actively playing the same Person 4 times?
07-27-2012, 01:17 PM
Currently actively playing the same Person 4 times?
Has anyone else been matched up like this? Also, 2 of the games are on the same map.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-27-2012, 01:30 PM
RE: Currently actively playing the same Person 4 times?
I've run into the same player once or twice, but not at the same time. I'm currently playing a "rematch" game - same player on the same map we played a few days ago!

Current Ranked League Info:
1v1 Master (Promoted 7-24-12)
Total League Wins: 210
07-27-2012, 01:31 PM
Yeah I'm also placing 2 other guys in 2 matches a piece. Ridic!
07-27-2012, 01:38 PM
It happens when two people of similar skill start a lot of games at once. Since you two are the only people at the time the system just keeps pitting you against each other. I try to space out when I start games to avoid this.
07-27-2012, 01:40 PM
Good point. I actually just realized he posts on this forum too. (awpertunity)
07-28-2012, 02:50 AM
(07-27-2012 01:38 PM)swimj Wrote:  It happens when two people of similar skill start a lot of games at once. Since you two are the only people at the time the system just keeps pitting you against each other. I try to space out when I start games to avoid this.

It would be great if there was a mechanism to help minimize how much you get repeat pairings in a row, but yeah, in the meantime I space out my game starts just like you.
07-29-2012, 06:32 AM
(07-27-2012 01:40 PM)Skaught2727 Wrote:  Good point. I actually just realized he posts on this forum too. (awpertunity)

Big Grin

I also believe I was P1 in all four games... But yeah, as people are saying here. You need to space out when to start games to avoid this now because the number of people at higher levels are much smaller, so it can't find anyone else to match you against.

I agree it would be good if some built-in mechanism was there to alleviate this issue. More than two simultaneous games with the same person is a little crazy when they are all ranked.
07-29-2012, 08:11 AM
(07-29-2012 06:32 AM)awpertunity Wrote:  
(07-27-2012 01:40 PM)Skaught2727 Wrote:  Good point. I actually just realized he posts on this forum too. (awpertunity)

Big Grin

I also believe I was P1 in all four games... But yeah, as people are saying here. You need to space out when to start games to avoid this now because the number of people at higher levels are much smaller, so it can't find anyone else to match you against.

I agree it would be good if some built-in mechanism was there to alleviate this issue. More than two simultaneous games with the same person is a little crazy when they are all ranked.

But then people might not get matched up as quickly as the system would have another complication to consider. I say we keep it simple on the matchmaking side (other than this quirk I think it's pretty good now) and just take care to spread out games.
07-29-2012, 10:19 AM
To each his own, but I'd rather get matched up slower. This morning I got three matches started against the same guy.
07-30-2012, 01:38 AM
Just Played 4 Games against the Player nate, its funny.