Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1v1 Strategies
10-08-2014, 06:19 PM (This post was last modified: 10-08-2014 06:19 PM by Apple.)
1v1 Strategies
I used to be a great 1v1 player, but no matter how hard I tried, the system would never promote me to master league. I took a break and played lots, and lots of 2v2s(with chosen people), but when I go back to 1v1, I seem to lose a lot more than before... I realise that I'm rushing more, while I used to wait for the opponent to attack, fail, then counter-attack.
This thread is for tips on 1v1. It would be great if people could discuss their strategies here, so I can learn about other people's strategies!Smile

1v1: Gifted
2v2: Clever
2v2 with Po0r Yorick: Master League
2v2 with cosh2000, Willey34, Godfreykfho:Fluffy
Gamecenter:Apple 9763
[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-08-2014, 07:18 PM (This post was last modified: 10-08-2014 07:18 PM by brayton.)
RE: 1v1 Strategies
I'm in a similar boat to you, Apple, and the main thing i'd recomend is watch out for the game's small mechanics. Perhaps some of the risks we are taking in Gifted, are not viable in Master? I personally lose many wits through not using my soldiers effectively.
Generally, don't attack unless you create a sustainable advantage, as I find I often just attack to reduce unit counts, because i'm not sure if they will do a successful strike first.

As for Bramble, try to keep producing units if you're on a single spawn map.

Good Luck! Smile

Up for Friendliez! Gifted League GCID: braytos
10-08-2014, 07:56 PM (This post was last modified: 10-08-2014 08:01 PM by mr_13en.)
Check out this thread and try incorporating these techniques;
http://www.onemanleft.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=3341

This is also a good read:
http://www.onemanleft.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=3685

...and this one, which is great:
http://www.onemanleft.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2883

10-09-2014, 04:14 AM
Honestly, I think general strategies are good and all, but I think the best thing to do is to get feedback from stronger players on specific games. So what you might want to do is to make friends with players who are above your level and then play friendlies with them and ask them if they'd be willing to share their opinions about what you did well and what you did poorly. By the way, probably the best way to accomplish this is to become regularly active in these forums, join a clan, and spend a lot of time discussing replays with your clanmates.

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-09-2014, 04:44 AM
Yup. Probably what helped me the most was playing against super titans.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
10-09-2014, 08:49 AM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2014 08:53 AM by Apple.)
(10-09-2014 04:14 AM)TheGreatErenan Wrote:  Honestly, I think general strategies are good and all, but I think the best thing to do is to get feedback from stronger players on specific games. So what you might want to do is to make friends with players who are above your level and then play friendlies with them and ask them if they'd be willing to share their opinions about what you did well and what you did poorly. By the way, probably the best way to accomplish this is to become regularly active in these forums, join a clan, and spend a lot of time discussing replays with your clanmates.
Thanks for the tips! In fact, I've already sent an application to .Memories. I may not become a permanent member, but I do want to have a look at what clans do to help each other. Should I also send one to Harti, or the application manager?

1v1: Gifted
2v2: Clever
2v2 with Po0r Yorick: Master League
2v2 with cosh2000, Willey34, Godfreykfho:Fluffy
Gamecenter:Apple 9763
10-09-2014, 09:05 AM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2014 09:05 AM by [PETA] Doodat.)
You should send one to me :3. Jk no, Memories is the leader and handles the applications I think. Joining a clan is a step forward, but to get the most practice, the best is to find people to play friendlies with. Btw send me one if you want.

For those who don't know,
GCID: AlliDooisRush

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
10-09-2014, 09:21 AM
(10-09-2014 08:49 AM)Apple Wrote:  
(10-09-2014 04:14 AM)TheGreatErenan Wrote:  Honestly, I think general strategies are good and all, but I think the best thing to do is to get feedback from stronger players on specific games. So what you might want to do is to make friends with players who are above your level and then play friendlies with them and ask them if they'd be willing to share their opinions about what you did well and what you did poorly. By the way, probably the best way to accomplish this is to become regularly active in these forums, join a clan, and spend a lot of time discussing replays with your clanmates.
Thanks for the tips! In fact, I've already sent an application to .Memories. I may not become a permanent member, but I do want to have a look at what clans do to help each other. Should I also send one to Harti, or the application manager?

Assuming you're accepted, as long as you don't disappear, you'll probably become a permanent member. Wink
Memories hasn't posted your application on the DL forum yet, so he probably hasn't been on these forums recently. Everyone in DL is a bit busy right now.

RIP, these forums

Lost the game
LegacyofFive the goat

10-09-2014, 11:19 AM
Yeah DL is doing something {CENSORED}. (I think it's some type of clan-run tourney like the WP one that went oh-so-well)

Hey Doodat, I might send you games after all these tournies clear up. Maybe . . .

GCID: FrozenNorthernKid
1v1, 2v2 w/baustin42, w/spacechef Gifted League
2v2 random, w/ Extreme Ghost, w/ izzilla Master League
------------------------------------------------
"So it goes." - Kurt Vonnegut, 'Slaughterhouse Five'
10-09-2014, 12:47 PM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2014 12:49 PM by LegacyofEight.)
The Wolfpack one was WONDERFUL idk what you guys are talking about.

I was never one to admit defeat

But if DL is running a tourney, maybe they have a today's meet room. Ima try to hack it.

Diamondleaguetourneylegacyyoullneverbeabletoguessthisurl

Diamondtourney

DLtourney

Once a Wolfpack, always a Wolfpack
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user