Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
YOU Can Help Bring Outwitters Back!
09-12-2014, 06:08 AM
RE: YOU Can Help Bring Outwitters Back!
A boardgame has been made. Does that count?

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2014, 06:52 AM
(09-12-2014 03:58 AM)onealexleft Wrote:  
(09-12-2014 12:42 AM)OutwittersIsTheBest Wrote:  Why has nobody made an Outwitters fangame yet?
Given the amount of moving parts in Outwitters (both client and server infrastructure), it's not a trivial thing to do.
I could do it web-based. Besides your grant this would require your animation sprites, though, which are probably not there yet for the new teams, are they?

(09-11-2014 01:44 PM)onealexleft Wrote:  lol oh goodness. I want to stress possible. We're neck deep in Gauntlet's Revenge so the next game isn't even on our radar yet, much less "anything being worked on".
We will haunt you... until you do it. Angel

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

09-12-2014, 07:45 AM
(09-11-2014 10:58 PM).Memories. Wrote:  
(09-11-2014 01:52 PM)The Great Habudabi Wrote:  Haven't you noticed Alex? We've all been 'working' on OW2 in the forum. We've already provided all the wild and unrealistic ideas! All you have to do is implement them. Wink

I know you're being sarcastic, but I couldn't help but laugh because this is how the world sees all software engineering. A bunch of project managers and business guys get in a room and think they've done all the hard work when they think of some vague overarching idea. They think software just has to "code it up real quick" and it'll be done...

Ugh.

Yeah, coming up with the game concepts is the easy part. Much harder is the actual coding that goes into making the ideas come to life.

RIP, these forums

Lost the game
LegacyofFive the goat

09-12-2014, 08:19 AM
(09-11-2014 12:22 PM)Demon Wrote:  
(09-11-2014 11:57 AM)onealexleft Wrote:  Adding new teams simply won't happen, for reasons stated already. Better chance of a new strategy game rather than an extensive content update.

Outwitters 2 confirmed.

Awesome. That sounds pretty concrete to me.

GC: -PasswordisTaco-
09-12-2014, 09:56 AM
(09-12-2014 07:45 AM)Flarp55 Wrote:  
(09-11-2014 01:52 PM)The Great Habudabi Wrote:  Haven't you noticed Alex? We've all been 'working' on OW2 in the forum. We've already provided all the wild and unrealistic ideas! All you have to do is implement them. Wink

I know you're being sarcastic, but I couldn't help but laugh because this is how the world sees all software engineering. A bunch of project managers and business guys get in a room and think they've done all the hard work when they think of some vague overarching idea. They think software just has to "code it up real quick" and it'll be done...

Ugh.

Yeah, coming up with the game concepts is the easy part. Much harder is the actual coding that goes into making the ideas come to life.

I used to want to be a programmer when I was young, then I grew up and decided to do something easier, so now I do Physics.

All jokes aside, from the little I know about programming, it's difficult, time-consuming, and very easy to mess up.

GCID: FrozenNorthernKid
1v1, 2v2 w/baustin42, w/spacechef Gifted League
2v2 random, w/ Extreme Ghost, w/ izzilla Master League
------------------------------------------------
"So it goes." - Kurt Vonnegut, 'Slaughterhouse Five'
09-12-2014, 09:59 AM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2014 09:59 AM by TheGreatErenan.)

Ugh.

But there are so many more tasks involved in making a game than just coming up with concepts and coding. Personally, I think the hardest part is designing the game's rules.

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-12-2014, 11:24 AM
(09-12-2014 09:59 AM)TheGreatErenan Wrote:  

Ugh.

But there are so many more tasks involved in making a game than just coming up with concepts and coding. Personally, I think the hardest part is designing the game's rules.

That's probably true. When I said "hardest," I really meant "most time-consuming." While designing rules is definitely very hard, coding the game takes much more time.

RIP, these forums

Lost the game
LegacyofFive the goat

09-12-2014, 12:43 PM
...I don't know about programming or game design but I have HIGH ENTHUSIASM LEVELS.

will that help?

Once a Wolfpack, always a Wolfpack
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-13-2014, 12:29 AM
(09-12-2014 06:52 AM)Harti Wrote:  
(09-12-2014 03:58 AM)onealexleft Wrote:  
(09-12-2014 12:42 AM)OutwittersIsTheBest Wrote:  Why has nobody made an Outwitters fangame yet?
Given the amount of moving parts in Outwitters (both client and server infrastructure), it's not a trivial thing to do.
I could do it web-based. Besides your grant this would require your animation sprites, though, which are probably not there yet for the new teams, are they?

Make this happen!!!

[PETA] Cor13:4 Wrote:Mobi killed the Scallywag star,
He hit him on the base with his sniper from afar,
He tried to block the alley, but didn't get far,
That's how the Mobi killed the Scallywag star

Best Feedback rank (TGH) 3rd
Best Adorables rank (-DF-) 12th
Best Scallywags rank (-TAM-) 25th
09-13-2014, 08:09 AM
Personally, I think that some changes could be made to the game to make it better without adding new teams. As I wondered in a different thread, they could add top 200 rankings to user profiles. Another idea I had, although I have no idea how hard it would be to implement, would be to show the top 200s games after they play them. For example, if LER4T beats poweewee it would say #1 LER4T def. #2 poweewee and you could click and see the replay. I think these ideas would really put a spotlight on top 200 players, because sometimes I think that players don't really realize what's going on in the upper echelon of players.

Gifted! Gifted League

GCID -joejohn22-