Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
YOU Can Help Bring Outwitters Back!
09-12-2014, 11:24 AM
RE: YOU Can Help Bring Outwitters Back!
(09-12-2014 09:59 AM)TheGreatErenan Wrote:  
(09-12-2014 07:45 AM)Flarp55 Wrote:  
(09-11-2014 10:58 PM).Memories. Wrote:  
(09-11-2014 01:52 PM)The Great Habudabi Wrote:  Haven't you noticed Alex? We've all been 'working' on OW2 in the forum. We've already provided all the wild and unrealistic ideas! All you have to do is implement them. Wink

I know you're being sarcastic, but I couldn't help but laugh because this is how the world sees all software engineering. A bunch of project managers and business guys get in a room and think they've done all the hard work when they think of some vague overarching idea. They think software just has to "code it up real quick" and it'll be done...

Ugh.

Yeah, coming up with the game concepts is the easy part. Much harder is the actual coding that goes into making the ideas come to life.

But there are so many more tasks involved in making a game than just coming up with concepts and coding. Personally, I think the hardest part is designing the game's rules.

That's probably true. When I said "hardest," I really meant "most time-consuming." While designing rules is definitely very hard, coding the game takes much more time.

RIP, these forums

Lost the game
LegacyofFive the goat

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: YOU Can Help Bring Outwitters Back! - Flarp55 - 09-12-2014 11:24 AM