Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
YOU Can Help Bring Outwitters Back!
09-10-2014, 04:10 AM
YOU Can Help Bring Outwitters Back!
I couldn't think of a better name for his topic. :P Anyway, did you ever see these unused teams? I've seen that a lot of people want them in the game.

[Image: bestlaidplans.jpg]

Looks like they'd be REALLY cool. I have an idea to get them in the game, it may not work, but it's worth a shot. Contact OneManLeft telling them you'd like to see these teams, tell them how much you would pay to get these. Please, it may work!

Note: I have no intention of ever posting on the forums again.

Good day!

-OutwittersIsTheBest
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-10-2014, 04:16 AM
RE: YOU Can Help Bring Outwitters Back!
I can't agree more. I'd pay 10 bucks to get these three races.

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
09-10-2014, 04:24 AM
I think the game would be worse with more teams.

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-10-2014, 04:28 AM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2014 04:28 AM by OutwittersIsTheBest.)
(09-10-2014 04:16 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  I can't agree more. I'd pay 10 bucks to get these three races.
Me too!

(09-10-2014 04:24 AM)TheGreatErenan Wrote:  I think the game would be worse with more teams.
Really? Huh...
09-10-2014, 04:51 AM
I've always wondered why they haven't added more teams. I know there must have been a lot of time, effort, and money that went into developing outwitters, and I could understand that they wouldn't want to do anything else if the game is not profitable. But, when compared to developing an entire game from scratch, how hard could it be to add another team or two? And really it's not another team, its just one special unit that is different, and they would have an army people who would be more than happy to serve as beta testers and help fine tune the new specials. They already have a dedicated customer base, most of whom would buy any new team the second it was released. And I would definitely pay a good deal more than the $4 or whatever it was for the uberpack, considering how many hours of entertainment I've gotten out of this game.

GC: -PasswordisTaco-
09-10-2014, 04:57 AM
(09-10-2014 04:51 AM)ggggggggkkkkkk Wrote:  I've always wondered why they haven't added more teams. I know there must have been a lot of time, effort, and money that went into developing outwitters, and I could understand that they wouldn't want to do anything else if the game is not profitable. But, when compared to developing an entire game from scratch, how hard could it be to add another team or two? And really it's not another team, its just one special unit that is different, and they would have an army people who would be more than happy to serve as beta testers and help fine tune the new specials. They already have a dedicated customer base, most of whom would buy any new team the second it was released. And I would definitely pay a good deal more than the $4 or whatever it was for the uberpack, considering how many hours of entertainment I've gotten out of this game.

Agreed, I'd pay at least fifteen dollars for more teams!
09-10-2014, 05:02 AM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2014 07:04 AM by TheGreatErenan.)
I think three new specials are unlikely to maintain the balanced gameplay of Outwitters. IMO team balance is more important than team variety. Pretty much the only changes to Outwitters I'd be in favor of are minor tweaks to Bramble to give it a very slight buff and (obviously) bug fixes.

Besides, OML isn't going to add new content to Outwitters. They've explained the reasons why, and they're good reasons. We can hope for a new strategy game down the line from them, though, so maybe these team designs could be included in a future game.

(09-10-2014 04:51 AM)ggggggggkkkkkk Wrote:  I've always wondered why they haven't added more teams. I know there must have been a lot of time, effort, and money that went into developing outwitters, and I could understand that they wouldn't want to do anything else if the game is not profitable. But, when compared to developing an entire game from scratch, how hard could it be to add another team or two? And really it's not another team, its just one special unit that is different, and they would have an army people who would be more than happy to serve as beta testers and help fine tune the new specials. They already have a dedicated customer base, most of whom would buy any new team the second it was released. And I would definitely pay a good deal more than the $4 or whatever it was for the uberpack, considering how many hours of entertainment I've gotten out of this game.

The problem is that balancing new teams actually is a lot of work, and OML is unlikely to make enough money on content packs to break even. Evidence: They didn't break even with the Veggienauts.

EDIT: Errrr, maybe OML didn't officially state that they didn't break even with Veggies. I thought they did but I can't find any statement to that effect, so maybe I was wrong about that.

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-10-2014, 05:07 AM
(09-10-2014 05:02 AM)TheGreatErenan Wrote:  I think three new specials are unlikely to maintain the balanced gameplay of Outwitters. IMO team balance is more important than team variety. Pretty much the only changes to Outwitters I'd be in favor of are minor tweaks to Bramble to give it a very slight buff and (obviously) bug fixes.

Besides, OML isn't going to add new content to Outwitters. They've explained the reasons why, and they're good reasons. We can hope for a new strategy game down the line from them, though, so maybe these team designs could be included in a future game.

The problem is that balancing new teams actually is a lot of work, and OML is unlikely to make enough money on content packs to break even. Evidence: They didn't break even with the Veggienauts.

Sadly this is correct. It'd be way more awesome if they broke even AND added the leftovers.

I am GameCenter's Chemoeum.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
09-10-2014, 05:10 AM
The special is the only difference between the races, contrary to many other games, I don't see in what way it would be so difficult.

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
09-10-2014, 05:13 AM
I hope some people write them...