Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
GG Champions League 2014-15 (SIGN-UPS OPEN FOR PLAY-OFFS) [11/9/14]
08-27-2014, 04:28 AM (This post was last modified: 08-28-2014 01:14 AM by jesusfuentesh.)
RE: Good Game Champions League 2014-15 (8/45) [08/26/14]
(08-27-2014 01:29 AM)amoffett11 Wrote:  I confirm my participation.

Question: I wonder if there's a way to get the season length down from 10 months, to maybe about 4? I guess we don't know yet how many matches are in a season or what format you're planning, but 10 months is a really long time.

To put in perspective, Outwitter's entire existence is only 25 months old. If you look at a top 200 from 10 months ago, the top 45 is very different from today's. I guess my point is, say we start season one on Friday. Then the Karate Kid of Outwitters starts playing on Saturday, moving up the rankings, makes the top 45, and qualifies for 3rd Division. But he's now become a top 10 player. With a 4 month season, he gets where he belongs in 8 months (4 months in 3rd division, 4 months in 2nd division, I'm assuming he's making the top 3). With a 10 month season, it takes him 20 months, almost 2 years. That's longer than most people have been playing this game. This isn't as strange a scenario as you think: there are a few top 20 players who have been playing a short time.

Again, I don't know if this is possible, because we don't know yet what you're planning. But the shorter the season turnover is, the less likely it is players will lose interest.

Thanks for the interest.

I also wish I could lengh it down, seriously. But I am afraid realistically speaking we shouldn't. Every tourney or event that has been made before it takes longer than we generally expected. So, to keep things already in mind, we would preparare the 45 players for the complete season. Also, many of us come across occupations and jobs that sometimes make difficult to play at the same rhythm from the beginning to the end. That's why I preferred to get in touch with all the 45 players for this commitment and I'll have a contact id. Only me will be able to get in touch with them, unless they personally want to share their ids.

Every player will have to play 28 games. So that's why I am giving enough time to finish the season. I prefer to have a long one and carried out, than a limp one and short. If I reduce the number of matches to 14 (that's once against each other), then I don't consider it fair in such a way that you will only have one chance in one map with a player.

As for the qualifying thing, the official ranking of Outwitters will be only taken into account to begin with this League. Once this League is started, we have nothing to do with it so to speak. We just will have a look at the official ranking for those who want to join to next seasons, starting below the 3rd division.

I repeat, I really wish I could shorten the period of season. But the only way is reducing the quantity of participants. Maybe 10 per Division. That's the only way that could fit IMO.

(08-27-2014 02:52 AM)TheGreatErenan Wrote:  
(08-26-2014 01:34 PM)jesusfuentesh Wrote:  1 tie = 1 point

Note: This mode is held so we don't have forever matches. It's a tie when turn #61 starts, unless he/she can beat him/her in that same turn (#61).

Doesn't this technically give P1 an advantage? He/she would have one more turn to destroy the enemy base than P2 would have (P1 would have 31 turns to win, P2 would have only 30).

It technically does. But he will have the same advantage against another player when he/she will be P1.

Don't neglect your fellowship with God, family and study by playing video games. Be organized with your time

GC name: jesusfuentesh
Super-Titan 1v1; 2v2
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Good Game Champions League 2014-15 (8/45) [08/26/14] - jesusfuentesh - 08-27-2014 04:28 AM