Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Team Icons (warcraft 3 style :D)
07-19-2012, 01:47 AM
Team Icons (warcraft 3 style :D)
In Warcraft 3 you would get to chose an icon you had unlocked, and have it be displayed next to your name. You'd unlock said icons by winning. Each class of Icon had different levels (more wins = cooler icon). They had icons for each race, one of tournaments, and one for "random" (you could choose random instead of a specific race/team). So for example 10 wins with the scallywags could get you an icon of their runner, 25 one of the medic, 50 a soldier, 100 sniper, 500 a heavy, 1000 a bombshell). The icons could be displayed next to players names on the leaderboard, and in their profile.

So to sum up my suggestions:
Profile stat sheet displaying win/loss with a breakdown for each team and random and tournament placing. Make this publically available.
Icon system for each team and tournaments and random
Random option in team selection
Daily tournaments (another thread)

I know this would require tons of work, but if your looking to take the game to the next level, I think this would be incredible. It would give players something more to work for other than leaderboard placing.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-19-2012, 01:57 AM
RE: Team Icons (warcraft 3 style :D)
I think this could be do-able. it would be fun to work for a different icon.
Invite me to a game.. I'm kinda bored. =P
07-20-2012, 12:48 AM
RE: Team Icons (warcraft 3 style :D)
Haha sorry man my game slots are full xD I thought this would be a good idea to give players something to work for - like bragging rights Tongue