Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warcraft 3-Esque Clans
07-19-2012, 01:19 AM (This post was last modified: 07-19-2012 02:04 AM by Tropic4l.)
Star Warcraft 3-Esque Clans
Have you considered adding the ability to make clans/groups and have group/ clan rankings? I know this was part of Wc3's huge success, and if implemented well could add a whole new level of competition to the game. Also, the devs could add tags to names on the leader board could prove to be difficult however.

Thanks for making the best game in the app store!

Edit: So here's how I envision it:
-Add a Clan Tab to the bottom of the opening screen (or make a new row)
-Clan tab will contain tabs at the top
-Have a tab for: Clan Membership/who is in the clan. Have different ranks within the clan, ie recruit, regular members, administrators, founder.
-Clan Chat Room w/ Daily Message displayed (daily message could be posted by founder/ administrator - for ex. it could have something like scrims tonight at 6, everyone meet in the lobby). The chat room tab is split into two sections, one with the text and one with current members in room. Founder can set administrators, admins can invite people to clan and promote and demote recruits / reg members. Regular members games count toward clan ranking, while recruits do not. New members are recruits for 2-3 days and then are automatically promoted to regular member.

To invite someone to your clan there should be a button in the chat screen and postgame.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-19-2012, 01:31 AM
RE: Warcraft 3-Esque Clans
I think having a 'clan' feature would be pretty cool.

(07-19-2012 01:19 AM)Tropic4l Wrote:  Adding tags to names on the leader board could prove to be difficult however.

You really don't even need to add tags to player names, it could be simply a field in the Profile section listing which group you belong to.

(07-19-2012 01:19 AM)Tropic4l Wrote:  Thanks for making the best game in the app store!

I would second this. Smile I have never been addicted to an iOS game like I am with Outwitters.

Current Ranked League Info:
1v1 Master (Promoted 7-24-12)
Total League Wins: 210
07-19-2012, 01:45 AM
First off, Wc3 Rocks. secondly i would like to say that this is also the first ios Game that i am addicted too aswell.
More towards tropic. Whats your wc3 account?
07-19-2012, 09:57 AM
!t-up
07-19-2012, 12:53 PM
I declare myself Clan Thrall!!