Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gauntlet's Revenge General Discussion
08-06-2014, 02:55 AM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2014 11:13 AM by Chemoeum.)
Star Gauntlet's Revenge General Discussion
Master League I'm on beta watch Master League

Anyone else on the beta? There should be at least 5-10 people for testing, as much as I know about the leaderboards.

So, using this thread, we will be able to discuss OML's newest game (obviously), Gauntlet's Revenge. Bug fixes, general ideas or TtL continuity, or other stuff related to said game.

To get some of it off my chest:

Bugs
• Able to pause level from loading screen, in addition freezing the loading screen from playing
• The dot cannon projectiles freeze within the moving screen when the arrow gets hit; for example, when the below listed bug happens, the projectiles move with the moving screen
• Is the screen supposed to transition when the arrow gets hit? It happens sometimes
• The blur effects from the background pause screen sometimes stay when resumed - as a result, the screen when resumed gets blurry (when that happened, I thought my eyes were getting paranoid lololol)
• The "Back" button on the credits does not have a graphic—it's invisible

Ideas
• This is possibly under development, but Endless Mode for each map
• A life bar mode, like in the original Gauntlet (not TtL HD)
• A few more dots to avoid, like in the old times
• Hard is Code Too Much Red
• Another soundtrack for the Pointonium Mines to differ from Lockdown

Under development
• Help section
• Two other maps - Jungle and Dot Bot Fortress

I'll be lookin' around now. Would wanna make sure there's more of TtL around as much as Outwitters!

I am GameCenter's Chemoeum.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-07-2014, 02:10 AM
RE: Gauntlet's Revenge General Discussion
Now it crashes whenever I want to switch levels. It doesn't crash whenever I do anything other than that. Weird.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
08-12-2014, 01:52 AM
(08-07-2014 02:10 AM)Chemoeum Wrote:  Now it crashes whenever I want to switch levels. It doesn't crash whenever I do anything other than that. Weird.

are you connected to GC?

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan
08-12-2014, 02:25 AM
(08-12-2014 01:52 AM)onealexleft Wrote:  
(08-07-2014 02:10 AM)Chemoeum Wrote:  Now it crashes whenever I want to switch levels. It doesn't crash whenever I do anything other than that. Weird.

are you connected to GC?

Yes. Actually, not when I want to switch levels, but only whenever I'm in the same air with Pointonium Mines on Normal. For example, I'm set to Normal Mode and I swipe to Point Mines. It crashes. I'm set to Hard, but it doesn't crash on Point Mines. I play on Point Mines Hard, but at the end of the game, I switch to Normal. It crashes. It's pretty weird.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
08-19-2014, 11:53 PM
Apparently it crashes if you play a level too many times, on a certain difficulty. I haven't found out its "limit", because I just found out. And as a result, every time I even breathe the same level as the levels I've played too much, it crashes. This needs a fix, I'm just dying to play Point Mines on Normal again. And Fortress on Easy, because you wouldn't believe how hellish it is on Normal and Hard. It really is a fun map, though.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
08-23-2014, 08:18 AM
Apparently I was able to fix the crash problem by reinstalling it. Before that, I deleted my in-game progress, but I'm not sure if it's related to the problem.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
08-28-2014, 07:10 AM
Dot Bot Fortress is broken! Arropolis, however, is amazing. Ok, back to Fortress...

Recently the Arrow had found an arsenal stocked with lots of invincibility orbs, and will not die no matter what he does in Fortress (the Arrow will not lose lives in this level).

One time, the Arrow forgot how to tilt (there is no help section).

The Arrows drove out all the animals and settled, which I think is how Arropolis was founded (Arropolis is still called Jungle in the leaderboards).

Ding ding ding ding... ding... ding... ... ding. Anyone? (Checkpoints play sound anytime the Arrow touches it, even when it already has been captured)

The Arrow named the two new maps in a way that they can be ordered (when completing achievements, Arropolis is called LevelThree and Fortress is called LevelFour).

Betcha you'd need that dot zapper for the bugs, huh?

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
08-29-2014, 08:44 AM
Thanks for you vigilance, chem. make sure you're emailing bugs you find to alex, not sure if he always checks here.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-30-2014, 12:19 AM
Chemoeum, does your game make a sound when getting hit (not just dying)? I'd appreciate some audio cue if I've been damaged instead of just the visual.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
08-30-2014, 02:22 AM
(08-30-2014 12:19 AM).Memories. Wrote:  Chemoeum, does your game make a sound when getting hit (not just dying)? I'd appreciate some audio cue if I've been damaged instead of just the visual.

Nope, I think it only plays when the round is over, meaning lose your last life. I think it's just like in TtL1, where a whistle blows whenever you lose, not to mean lose one of many remaining lives.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!