Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Post your replays here for help on what you did wrong!
07-30-2014, 04:55 AM (This post was last modified: 07-30-2014 04:58 AM by Qwerty.)
Question Post your replays here for help on what you did wrong!
I know that there was probably a thread like this somewhere on the forums, but I didn't feel like bumbing an old thread, and the pain of trying to find one. As the name implies, this is a thread that you post your replays of games that you didn't know what you did wrong, or need help understanding what you should have done. Also thank you to anybody that helps us know what we did wrong.

I just played this game, against bramble, and I got killed. I don't know what I did wrong so hopefully someone will help me.

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA5vXu8ggM

[Image: sig.png]
2 vs 2 Master League
1 vs 1 GIFTED
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-30-2014, 10:56 AM
RE: Post your replays here for help on what you did wrong!
Well the mobi was a bit early, against veggies you should wait until turn 20 or something. You also wasted a lot of wits mobi'ing units around. But it was fine until turn 24, when you spawned a second mobi. Never spawn a second mobi against veggies. Especially since you had very few units to mobi. On turn 26, you wasted a bunch of wits and a sniper to attack a soldier that could be healed for 1 wit. Then on turn 32, even though you were already losing, there was no need for the soldier move forward, especially since you mobi'd it back the next turn.

RIP, these forums

Lost the game
LegacyofFive the goat

07-31-2014, 04:09 AM
Early mobi on sweet tooth is completely fine, even against veggies. The problem was the second mobi that you didn't need. Just should have harassed his wit space and forced him to defend: he was wasting a lot of wits using vines to attack.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
07-31-2014, 05:27 AM
Ok thank you, I'll know for next time.

2 vs 2 Master League
1 vs 1 GIFTED
07-31-2014, 08:29 PM
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAxs_SswoM

Here is a game short game I try to rush the spawn. Anything I should have done differently?

Soldier spam FTW
08-01-2014, 03:26 AM
I just don't think that rushing spawn early is a viable tactic with a mobi at high levels. What if you killed the 4 hp soldier turn 12? It probably would have at the very least, extended the game to where mobility was more of a factor.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
08-01-2014, 04:07 AM
I feel like that initial attack went about as good as it could have gone. Do you typically have luck building two early runners? You had the wits to spawn an extra soldier instead, which could have helped soak some damage.

I think the real problem became that your units didn't trade efficiently, with all the 1-2 hp units, the soldiers were able to chew through your lines almost freely. It may have been better to switch to soldier spawns on turn 10, but then you're still going to have to deal with a shell.
08-01-2014, 08:10 AM (This post was last modified: 08-01-2014 08:17 AM by Alvendor.)
(08-01-2014 03:26 AM)[PETA] Doodat Wrote:  I just don't think that rushing spawn early is a viable tactic with a mobi at high levels. What if you killed the 4 hp soldier turn 12? It probably would have at the very least, extended the game to where mobility was more of a factor.

Well, I'm trying to make it viable Smile
Yeah the 4 hp one might have been better on turn 12

(08-01-2014 04:07 AM)Syvan Wrote:  I feel like that initial attack went about as good as it could have gone. Do you typically have luck building two early runners? You had the wits to spawn an extra soldier instead, which could have helped soak some damage.

I think the real problem became that your units didn't trade efficiently, with all the 1-2 hp units, the soldiers were able to chew through your lines almost freely. It may have been better to switch to soldier spawns on turn 10, but then you're still going to have to deal with a shell.

First time I tried this approach. Yeah I only felt good about the game to the point I captured the spawn, then it went south.

Buffing the runner seems to be a waste. It was meant to force the bombshell to move but was prob not worth it. Also, maybe I was greedy going for the wit space, I should have kill the medic and teleport saved the runner. That could maybe transition into a more normal game with me having a slight advantage

Soldier spam FTW
08-01-2014, 08:29 AM
I think turn ten you should've ignored the enemy medic and the soldier next to it, and just killed the solider at the bottom. This would allow you to boost your own solider, protect your sniper, and retreat your runner for the same wit cost. then he could only kill your soldier or your runner next turn, instead of pretty much everything
08-03-2014, 06:18 AM
(08-01-2014 08:29 AM)22swarm Wrote:  I think turn ten you should've ignored the enemy medic and the soldier next to it, and just killed the solider at the bottom. This would allow you to boost your own solider, protect your sniper, and retreat your runner for the same wit cost. then he could only kill your soldier or your runner next turn, instead of pretty much everything

Agreed. I'm starting to think this strategy might actually be viable considering how many mistakes I made and it was still close!

Soldier spam FTW