Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Beach Beatdown-Time to Hit It!
07-18-2014, 04:00 AM (This post was last modified: 08-17-2014 02:47 PM by mr_13en.)
Beach Beatdown-Time to Hit It!
Summertime Beach Tourney (Team Event)Cool

[Image: 8m2fgu6.jpg]
(Drawing by Chemoeum)

Ok ladies and gents, due to an overwhelming response, let us get this tourney underway to determine who will be the kings of the beach!

...and straight to the semi-finals! Here is the tourney bracket:

http://challonge.com/beachbeatdown

For the teams who are participating, lower seed teams please determine who will be P2 for your 2v2 match and who will be P1 for your SFI & SD matches. Please see this spreadsheet for reference and provide the names in a new post on this thread. Once we have those up the higher seed teams will provide their opponents for those matches and I will update this spreadsheet: [attachment=524]

By the way, I added a 3rd round match if the teams are interested in playing it.

Tourney Description & Rules
Time to grab a towel and hit the beach! Don’t forget the Coronas (if you’re old enough). Wink

This is a team tourney and in the spirit of summer and beach weather, will be played only on the following maps:

Sharkfood Island
Long Nine
Skull Duggery
Blitz Beach

Teams are made up of 2 players. Open to players of all league tiers. You can only be on one team. 2nd gen map pack and at least one race other than Scally is required. Players form their own teams.

The tourney will close once we have 16 teams or in a week from today, whichever comes first. If we reach 16 teams quickly and additional teams want to join we will consider expanding the tourney. If we have less than 4 teams at the end of the week, we may wait a little longer to get at least 4 teams. Ideally we'd like to get 4, 8, or 16 teams, otherwise we will have some first round byes.

This will be a single elimination seeded Tourney.

Seeding
Seeding will be based on cumulative team ranking for 1v1. For example, team member 1 is ranked 34 in the top 200, and team member 2 is ranked 87 in the top 200. Total team ranking is 121. If a team has one or both players not in the top 200, their ranking will be based on division ranking at the end of season 5 plus 200 for each Master Master League player, 300 for each Gifted Gifted League player, 400 for each Clever Clever League player, and 500 for each Fluffy Fluffy League player. For example, team member 1 was ranked 15 in their Master division and team member 2 was ranked 45 in their Clever division at the end of season 5. Total team ranking is 660 (215 + 445). Teams will be ranked from lowest cumulative ranking to highest with the team with the lowest cumulative ranking as the number 1 seed. Tiebreakers in seeding will go to the team that signed up first.

The latest weekly Top 200 post will be used for ranking and the in game trophy found on your profile page for Season 5 will be used for division ranking. If you do not have a Season 5 trophy, your most recent trophy will be used. If you do not have a previous season trophy but have completed your placement matches for the current season you will be ranked based on your league as follows: 250 for Masters, 300 for Gifted, 400 for Clever, and 500 for Fluffy. If you are currently unranked and do not have any previous season trophies your ranking will be 500.

Matchups
Once seeding is set the match-ups will be posted.

Teams will face each other in a round of 5 matches. The team with the most points at the end of the round advances to the next round.

The 5 matches are as follows:

2v2 - Team A (P1) vs Team B (P2) on Blitz Beach
1v1 - Team B (P1) vs Team A (P2) on Sharkfood Island
1v1 - Team A (P1) vs Team B (P2) on Sharkfood Island
1v1 - Team B (P1) vs Team A (P2) on Skull Duggery
1v1 - Team A (P1) vs Team B (P2) on Skull Duggery

Once match ups are posted these are the procedures for starting the games for each round:

1. Team A is the higher ranked team and will be P1 on the 2v2 match.
2. Team B must post on this thread indicating who will be P2 for their 2v2 match. Team A can then start the 2v2 match.
3. Team B must also post on this thread their player choices for both 1v1 matches in which they are P1 (Team B has the option to choose the same player for each P1 match).
4. If Team B has chosen the same player for both P1 matches, Team A will choose two different players as P2 for those matches and post their decision for each matchup on this thread.
5. If Team B has chosen two different players for both P1 matches, Team A will decide which player will be P2 for both matches and post their decision on this thread.
6. Once those two matches are set, Team A will then start their P1 matches with the remaining player(s) as they choose such that each player is only playing each map once and each player is facing each member of the opposing team once.
7. All matches must be started on the same day and played simultaneously.

Example of 1v1 matchups where Team A is the higher ranked team:

Team A
Husky Pete
mr_13en

Vs

Team B
Lawtai
Bbobb555

In this example Team B chooses two different players for their P1 matches:
Lawtai vs Husky Pete on Sharkfood Island
mr_13en vs Bbobb555 on Sharkfood Island
Bbobb555 vs Husky Pete on Skull Duggery
mr_13en vs Lawtai on Skull Duggery

In this example Team B chooses the same player for their P1 matches:
Lawtai vs Husky Pete on Sharkfood Island
mr_13en vs Bbobb555 on Sharkfood Island
Lawtai vs mr_13en on Skull Duggery
Husky Pete vs Bbobb555 on Skull Duggery

Each team starts at 0 points at the beginning of each round. Each 1v1 win is worth 5 points. 2v2 wins are worth 10 points. Team with highest number of points wins the round. In the event there is a tie at the end of the initial 5 matches, each team will choose a player that will represent the team in a tiebreaker match on Long Nine. Higher ranked team will still be P1.

Race restrictions
No race restriction in initial 1v1 matches. In 2v2 Blitz Beach matches, only one member of each team can be Scally. No player can be Scally on Long Nine tiebreaker matches.

Turn Limit
In an effort to have a quick tournament, a 2 day turn limit will be implemented. If a player’s timer reaches 2 days it will count as a forfeit. However there is a 3 strike rule for this. Each player is allowed 3 chances throughout the entire tournament to have their timer reach 2 days. After the third strike, that game and any other future game that reaches 2 days will be considered a forfeit. Post on this thread if your opponent reaches 2 days.

Substitutions
Substitutions are not allowed. If your team member needs time away from the game, this will be considered, otherwise it will be a forfeit for the team.

Sign up on this thread. Players form their own teams. Only one team member needs to sign up for the team but make sure you indicate who your team member is.

Me and Husky Pete will run the Tourney. Neither of us plan on competing but we may in order to complete the 4, 8, or 16 teams.

Teams Signed Up:
jesusfuentesh #21 & AlliDooisRush #68 = Team Rank #89
Gaebora the Owl #104 & thcdoremi - #63 = Team Rank #167
ShAdOw.* 198 #110 & Spidêr #43 (+200) = Team Rank #353
boredp3ps1 #1 (+300) & kthexb #10 (+200) = Team Rank #511
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-18-2014, 04:06 AM
RE: Summertime Beach Tourney (Team Event)
woohoo i made it as an example!

[Image: sig.png]
07-18-2014, 05:26 AM
Are we forming our own teams?

GC name: amoffett11
1v1 Super-Titan
2v2 with .Memories. and 2v2 random Master League

Until you stalk and overrun you can't devour anyone
07-18-2014, 05:28 AM (This post was last modified: 07-18-2014 05:28 AM by mr_13en.)
(07-18-2014 05:26 AM)amoffett11 Wrote:  Are we forming our own teams?

Yes

I'll need to clarify that in the description

07-18-2014, 07:06 AM
I'm going to stop correcting misspellings of my name now.
Anyways, I'll sign up. I think Chemoeum said he wouldn't participate in any tourneys or something.
So lawtai, do you want to pair up since we're paired up in the example already?

RIP, these forums

Lost the game
LegacyofFive the goat

07-18-2014, 07:50 AM
(07-18-2014 07:06 AM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I'm going to stop correcting misspellings of my name now.
Anyways, I'll sign up. I think Chemoeum said he wouldn't participate in any tourneys or something.
So lawtai, do you want to pair up since we're paired up in the example already?

Lol...I know, sorry about that. I was too lazy to look up the correct spelling when I wrote all that. I'll fix it later. Smile

07-18-2014, 10:31 AM (This post was last modified: 07-18-2014 10:36 AM by [PETA] Doodat.)
Um, jesusfuentesh and I (AlliDooisRush) will be signing up, I'll add ranks later.
1v1: #21, #68, both ST
2v2: #23, masters
2v2r: #26, #54 ST/masters

All top 200 rankings.

jesusfuentesh is the first ranking.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
07-18-2014, 03:00 PM
I'm gonna pass on this one but glhf to all

Once a Wolfpack, always a Wolfpack
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-18-2014, 03:29 PM (This post was last modified: 07-18-2014 11:32 PM by .Memories..)
BB has pretty bad FTA, so having only one game there might be a bit lop-sided.

Edit: not lip-sided...

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
07-18-2014, 04:08 PM
(07-18-2014 03:29 PM).Memories. Wrote:  BB has pretty bad FTA, so having only one game there might be a bit lip-sided.

Hmmm, definitely something to consider... thanks for the feedback Mems!