Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The Wolfpack's Tourney- IT'S ON!
07-21-2014, 12:13 PM
RE: The Wolfpack's Tourney- IT'S ON!
(07-21-2014 12:02 PM)jchris98 Wrote:  
(07-21-2014 11:19 AM)awpertunity Wrote:  With scalliwags and the middle brown areas blocked off?

Yep. I think that could be an extreme problem. That's the one main concern for me.

Hmm, neither of us are very turtley players, but someone like Bbobb on the other hand…
The scoring should still hold fair though. It will just not be as exciting, much like normal turtle games.

GCID: FrozenNorthernKid
1v1, 2v2 w/baustin42, w/spacechef Gifted League
2v2 random, w/ Extreme Ghost, w/ izzilla Master League
------------------------------------------------
"So it goes." - Kurt Vonnegut, 'Slaughterhouse Five'
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-21-2014, 12:39 PM (This post was last modified: 07-21-2014 12:40 PM by Extreme Ghost.)
The rules that were posted for Reaper race were the original/1st draft haha and are therefore flawed XD.

I fixed it with plenty a tweaks awhile ago idk if whoever posted the doc liked the original rules better or w/e but here's the tweaked/fixed version.

Reaper Race rules

#1-each player go's around the map clockwise(no going thur the middle!!) the middle is the brown tiles in the center
#2- to score you must land on ur opponents wit tile your opponent will use the default sniper and kill ur unit which will add points to ur score
3#-units that can be used to score points
Soldier- thay are worth 1pt for each health thay have on being killed by the default sniper so there worth a max of 3 points

Runners- thay are worth 1 point when thay are killed by the default sniper on the wit tile

#4- special rules soldiers can be attacked by runners reducing there health to as low as 1 not killing them! Reducing there hp forces them to move one less spaces
Example - 3hp solder moves 3 spaces(normal)
2hp solders move 2 spaces(like a heavy) 1hp soldiers move 1 space(like a sniper) it also reduces there point value.
Default heavy dosnt move
No blocking the spawn tile
No blocking paths without no way of going around/thru.
If you block ur own wit tile ur opponent is allowed to kill it! (Wile it's on the wit tile)
Your not alowed to attack ur opponent with anything other than the default sniper when there on ur spawn tile so no reducing soldiers point value on the wit tile

I leave it to legacy/WP/ppl running the tournament to decide which rules thay want Smile

Also I'm rooting for ya team Party Time!! Destroy them all!

You can rip the wings and the horn off a Mobi and try to force it to be a normal whale..But deep down the the Mobi will always be a mobi and you can never hide the scabs Never let anyone try to force you to change!
07-21-2014, 12:59 PM
Okay, so rule 3- I'm just going to extend it so that any unit on wit is worth its health to keep it simple.
And rule 4 is really complicated and wouldn't actually have much effect so I'll cut it out.

Also, I want to hear the general opinion: Should RR be played to 10 points or 15?

RIP, these forums

Lost the game
LegacyofFive the goat

[Image: sig.png]
07-21-2014, 01:56 PM (This post was last modified: 07-21-2014 01:56 PM by TheGreatErenan.)
Questions!

MM:

Rule #2 is ambiguous and problematic. In the Mindful Massacre Tournament there was a lot of controversy concerning whether the "statues" could simply move whenever an enemy unit was on the spawn or whether they absolutely had to move towards the spawn space and actually be the unit used to clear the spawn space. I was made very grumpy because I had a unit killed by a statue that moved away from my enemy's covered spawn space and then the spawn space was cleared by a different unit. This rule really requires a careful and unambiguous description of what it means.

DoD:

Does P1 have to place three different units behind the doors? Otherwise, couldn't P1 just basically decide which unit type he/she wants to be eliminated and put it behind all three doors?

Also, if P1 is done setting up before turn 30, can P1 immediately send the "pick a door" chat, and P2 can open a door, and then they still can't attack until turn 30? Or would attacks be allowed at that point? Or do you absolutely have to wait until turn 30 to do the "pick a door" thing?

RR:

It seems the official rules haven't been decided yet (I think?), so I'll wait until the rules are established before asking questions.

Except this one: Can you or can you not attack and kill units (with units besides the default sniper) to prevent them from reaching the wit space?

BotR:

No questions. This one seems clear.

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-21-2014, 02:08 PM
(07-21-2014 01:56 PM)TheGreatErenan Wrote:  Questions!

MM:

Rule #2 is ambiguous and problematic. In the Mindful Massacre Tournament there was a lot of controversy concerning whether the "statues" could simply move whenever an enemy unit was on the spawn or whether they absolutely had to move towards the spawn space and actually be the unit used to clear the spawn space. I was made very grumpy because I had a unit killed by a statue that moved away from my enemy's covered spawn space and then the spawn space was cleared by a different unit. This rule really requires a careful and unambiguous description of what it means.

DoD:

Does P1 have to place three different units behind the doors? Otherwise, couldn't P1 just basically decide which unit type he/she wants to be eliminated and put it behind all three doors?

Also, if P1 is done setting up before turn 30, can P1 immediately send the "pick a door" chat, and P2 can open a door, and then they still can't attack until turn 30? Or would attacks be allowed at that point? Or do you absolutely have to wait until turn 30 to do the "pick a door" thing?

RR:

It seems the official rules haven't been decided yet (I think?), so I'll wait until the rules are established before asking questions.

Except this one: Can you or can you not attack and kill units (with units besides the default sniper) to prevent them from reaching the wit space?

BotR:

No questions. This one seems clear.

MM: Any units can move in any way when you are being spawn squatted.
DoD: 3 different units - I'm not totally sure about that. Demon, do you know? If Demon doesn't respond I'll decide tomorrow. And yes, you do have to wait until T30 to do the pick a door thing.
RR: The official rules have pretty much been decided and are on the doc. Ask any questions you like. It's great to get questions out of the way before games start. You can attack and kill any units you want, but you may not cross G4 or G9 to do this.

RIP, these forums

Lost the game
LegacyofFive the goat

07-21-2014, 02:39 PM (This post was last modified: 07-21-2014 03:07 PM by TheGreatErenan.)
RR:

So, if I'm red, can I put a defensive unit on G4 G9 or is that considered crossing G4 G9?

07-21-2014, 02:44 PM
No unit on G4, that is considered crossing.

RIP, these forums

Lost the game
LegacyofFive the goat

07-21-2014, 02:58 PM (This post was last modified: 07-21-2014 03:00 PM by TheGreatErenan.)
Whoops, I meant G9, but you figured out what I meant. Blush

Also, just to be clear, when it says "no spawn squatting" that means that you can't cover your opponent's spawn, right?

07-21-2014, 03:17 PM
(07-21-2014 02:58 PM)TheGreatErenan Wrote:  When it says "no spawn squatting" that means that you can't cover your opponent's spawn, right?

Of course.

RIP, these forums

Lost the game
LegacyofFive the goat

07-21-2014, 09:47 PM
Lawtai can take my spot if he wants. My head is spinning and he is great at these