Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All Hail His Grace, Torbeck of House GG, First of His Name and King of the Hill!
07-23-2014, 04:11 PM
RE: All Hail His Grace, Torbeck of House GG, First of His Name and King of the Hill!
(07-23-2014 02:35 PM)GendryStorm Wrote:  Congratulations Torbeck! Those were very nice games, particularly the one in glitch.
I was beginning to think that adorables were slowly staking their claim in that map:
See (L34RT vs The Bit Pilot, 2014 WC), (awpertunity vs amofett, 1st KotH Tourney),
Princess Unicorn Sparkles replays. I was sure The Great Habudabi would be able to
steal a point in the finals... And make another strong argument for adorables on
glitch, particularly on the turn when he started his mobi push on your weak flank. But
the counter was quick and convincing!

I think I may have got a break here - unfortunately for The Great Habudabi moving the soldier at the end of turn 13 was really his undoing. It gave me a great chance to scramble and hit the sniper which otherwise would have been safe and that was when the game turned I think. Always have to be very careful when you get within three hexes of a feedback spawn point!

I'm guessing it was because he feared I may have had a runner on the spawn then thereby been able to double tap the sniper... but generally using 2 runners to take out a sniper is not efficient anyway so better to let it fall and clean up the runners afterward.

Super-Titan Top 200: #5
GCID: ===Torbreck===
King of the Hill
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: King of the Hill Tournament - Shadow - 07-01-2014, 12:45 AM
RE: King of the Hill Tournament - Demon - 07-01-2014, 01:42 AM
RE: King of the Hill Tournament - Demon - 07-01-2014, 06:13 AM
RE: King of the Hill Tournament - Torbreck - 07-01-2014, 06:00 AM
RE: King of the Hill Tournament - Norahsul - 07-01-2014, 08:58 AM
RE: All Hail His Grace, Torbeck of House GG, First of His Name and King of the Hill! - Torbreck - 07-23-2014 04:11 PM