Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mindless Morality Tournament - Technically Extreme Ghost won
06-15-2014, 10:22 PM
RE: Mindless Morality Tournament - Signups open!
Since rules seem to make sense this time around. I am in.
Probably 2v2 reveals issues worth complain though ;-)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-16-2014, 12:59 AM
That's 7 signups already. Maybe if there's enough interest we can extend this to 12 players.
and chem check the chat room. i just noticed something.
BTW the chat room was created using todaysmeet.com

RIP, these forums

Lost the game
LegacyofFive the goat

[Image: sig.png]
06-16-2014, 01:48 AM
I have been attending a single tournament for a year and a half - and it is still ongoing.
Rule me out if pool is extended.
I really hate rule changes by organizer!
06-16-2014, 01:53 AM (This post was last modified: 06-16-2014 01:58 AM by Flarp55.)
Just an idea. But on second thought, that would be way too many games. We'll probably keep it as is. We hadn't anticipated this much interest though. Some people who wanted to sign up might not be able to. Oh well. We'll see. Also, we'll have a waitlist for those who want to sign up but there's no space, in case some one drops out or the pool is extended. Or we could have two parallel pools if there's even more interest.

Juslas, you don't have any objection to parallel pools, do you?

RIP, these forums

Lost the game
LegacyofFive the goat

06-16-2014, 02:24 AM
Having round robin of six players is faster than with eight.
Having 3 pools of six players and then finals with pool winners and best second would be faster than extending a single pool.
I had plenty to complain about the first massacre - please do not repeat errors :-)
If there is true interest over eight attendees, deal with it. But normally there are more dropouts than active players. To my knowledge there is still a player missing!
06-16-2014, 02:52 AM (This post was last modified: 06-16-2014 02:52 AM by Flarp55.)
(06-16-2014 02:24 AM)Juslas Wrote:  Having round robin of six players is faster than with eight.
Having 3 pools of six players and then finals with pool winners and best second would be faster than extending a single pool.
I had plenty to complain about the first massacre - please do not repeat errors :-)
If there is true interest over eight attendees, deal with it. But normally there are more dropouts than active players. To my knowledge there is still a player missing!

It's hard to do 2v2 when the number of players isn't a multiple of 4. I had to do the 2v2 matchups by hand, and it's not easy even with a multiple of 4.

And by the way, we aren't full because it's been 15 hours since this was posted.

RIP, these forums

Lost the game
LegacyofFive the goat

06-16-2014, 03:20 AM (This post was last modified: 06-16-2014 03:22 AM by Chemoeum.)
We probably shouldn't rope in twelve players. I think eight is plenty when you start considering the two-way matchups. That's already fourteen matches in the 1v1.

Should we consider two-way in the 2v2?

By the way, it's not technically interest since we are also in the tourney, Bbobb.

I am GameCenter's Chemoeum.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
06-16-2014, 03:55 AM
(06-16-2014 03:20 AM)Chemoeum Wrote:  We probably shouldn't rope in twelve players. I think eight is plenty when you start considering the two-way matchups. That's already fourteen matches in the 1v1.

Should we consider two-way in the 2v2?

By the way, it's not technically interest since we are also in the tourney, Bbobb.

Okay, the final rules:
-8 players
-two-way 1v1 matchups. Each player starts one game against the other.
-one-way 2v2 matchups. P1 was randomly decided, see the matchup sheet for who is P1.

RIP, these forums

Lost the game
LegacyofFive the goat

06-16-2014, 07:51 AM
I'm not going to have wifi in 2 weeks or so. I'll update y'all when it gets closer

Once a Wolfpack, always a Wolfpack
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-16-2014, 08:08 AM
(06-16-2014 07:51 AM)LegacyofEight Wrote:  I'm not going to have wifi in 2 weeks or so. I'll update y'all when it gets closer

2 weeks is pretty close. Update us.

RIP, these forums

Lost the game
LegacyofFive the goat