Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
How to become good at Outwitters and Life part 1
06-09-2014, 07:41 AM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2014 07:49 AM by Alvendor.)
RE: How to become good at Outwitters and Life part 1
(06-09-2014 07:01 AM)HuskyPete Wrote:  Nice start!! Very well done. I have made the comment of this becoming work many times myself. It makes absolute 100% sense!!

Thanks, yeah I like much about Outwitters, but the part of concentrating really hard on a move is not really enjoyable in itself. Maybe similar to long distance running or something: a constant pain but feels good when your done!

(06-09-2014 07:19 AM)Chemoeum Wrote:  [url=http://i.imgur.com/2ntPHQQ.jpg][/url]

Haha nice, perfect match with this post!

(06-09-2014 07:24 AM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  Nice guide. I never thought about the philosophical aspect of Outwitters.
What do you have against 2v2? I think 2v2 arranged is fine, but also totally different from 1v1.

From a learning perspective I have two issues with 2v2. It is introducing more moving parts, its like 1v1 but with additional things you need to consider. And if you wanna learn you want less moving parts, not more.

Second, you want a tight feedback loop. After you do something you want to see the result of if as soon as possible. With 2v2 games running much longer than 1v1 the loop of (playing - thinking about what good and bad you did - playing again) will be much longer and slowing you down.

I still like to play 2v2 so I'm not against it in general. I just think that even if you wanna get good at 2v2 you are better off getting good at 1v1 and then switching to 2v2 later on.

Soldier spam FTW
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to become good at Outwitters and Life part 1 - Alvendor - 06-09-2014 07:41 AM