Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Are you a man (or woman) with a plan or do you just go with the flow?
07-17-2012, 05:43 PM
RE: Are you a Strategic or Reactive player? ... Primarily
I don't think the two are mutually exclusive. I am a strategic player by your definition, I plan ahead by 2 or 3 turns from the outset. (I take 5-10 mins not half a day!) But this almost always changes after a few turns because you never know what your opponent will do beforehand. So you have to be reactionary to some degree.

But in reacting, I still think 2 or 3 turns ahead though they will now have changed from the moves I had planned earlier. If you never keep the ultimate goal of destroying the other base in mind when planning your moves and only react to the latest immediate threat, you're just allowing the opponent to keep you under constant pressure while he gets closer to destroying yours. eg. If he only needs 2 or 3 wits to move his units into position, forcing you to spend 6 or 7 wits defending against them, then he knows you can't counter-attack and he's still got 3 or 4 wits left to attack elsewhere or save for the next turn.

I echo Harti's succinct one-liner above.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are you a Strategic or Reactive player? ... Primarily - metalsquid - 07-17-2012 05:43 PM