Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Those Runner Rushes
05-09-2014, 01:10 PM
RE: Those Runner Rushes
Yeah, I guess it's my 2v2 random habits getting in the way. Less communication equals more chaos.

Live your life as more than plastic.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2014, 01:28 PM
(05-09-2014 01:10 PM)spacechef Wrote:  Yeah, I guess it's my 2v2 random habits getting in the way. Less communication equals more chaos.

Yeah, I feel like we could synch a bit more in our games as well, since I also have bad random habits.

Back on topic, just setting up a solid defense with vision will guaranteed make runner-spam a waste of wits for the opponent. Though it baffles me how many people spam in Gifted as well.

GCID: FrozenNorthernKid
1v1, 2v2 w/baustin42, w/spacechef Gifted League
2v2 random, w/ Extreme Ghost, w/ izzilla Master League
------------------------------------------------
"So it goes." - Kurt Vonnegut, 'Slaughterhouse Five'
05-09-2014, 02:03 PM
If someone is 1 hit your base, just think, it takes upwards of 4 wits for each hit on base (minimum), so that is 20 wits they just used up for that. So much more advantage to you.

Also, if they are getting your base low, the places that they will hit the base are very predictable just dependent on the map. Build a soldier wall and there won't be anything they can get through. I like to hid surprises behind my soldier wall waiting for my attack.

GC: TheGreatAnt
05-09-2014, 02:35 PM
(05-09-2014 02:03 PM)TheGreatAnt Wrote:  If someone is 1 hit your base, just think, it takes upwards of 4 wits for each hit on base (minimum), so that is 20 wits they just used up for that. So much more advantage to you.

Also, if they are getting your base low, the places that they will hit the base are very predictable just dependent on the map. Build a soldier wall and there won't be anything they can get through. I like to hid surprises behind my soldier wall waiting for my attack.

note: it takes a wit to actually kill that unit unless you 1) were planning to place a unit in the spot where it kills the base-hitting unit already or 2) you use a sniper

RIP, these forums

Lost the game
LegacyofFive the goat

[Image: sig.png]
05-09-2014, 02:35 PM
(05-09-2014 01:28 PM)Demon Wrote:  
(05-09-2014 01:10 PM)spacechef Wrote:  Yeah, I guess it's my 2v2 random habits getting in the way. Less communication equals more chaos.

Yeah, I feel like we could synch a bit more in our games as well, since I also have bad random habits.

Communication is certainly good, and I often do communicate when it becomes critical. At the same time, I think I prefer the extra chaos, it makes the game more interesting.

05-09-2014, 02:47 PM
Wait Space do you watch Doctor Who? Just ur dig made me think of Rory Pond from DW. He got turned into plastic after ceasing to exist then he came alive again after standing in front of a box for 2000 yrs. I learned that being plastic ain't fun

Once a Wolfpack, always a Wolfpack
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-09-2014, 10:47 PM
I've seen some Dr. Who, but my signature is referring to a song from a certain punk rock band.

05-09-2014, 11:41 PM
Oh got it.

Ps plz don't abbreviate doctor

Once a Wolfpack, always a Wolfpack
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-10-2014, 12:20 AM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2014 12:22 AM by spacechef.)
I had to go look up the doctor vs dr. debate. I can't believe people spend that much time on the internet. Than again, I'm the one who started the word game on poppycock, and spend too much time there at times. Tongue

05-10-2014, 05:18 PM
Definitely make a medic early and then some healed soldiers. The heavy took out 2 soldiers which really hurt you. The 4 HP soldiers would have made yellow waste more wit moving 2 units in to kill it instead of just the heavy. Wit count/wasting their wit is all important when they're rushing like that (as you saw with green being just short at the end to finish the base).

Super-Titan 2v2 Random
Fluffy League True skill level