Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Those Runner Rushes
05-09-2014, 10:36 AM
Those Runner Rushes
Playing in mid clever a lot of people do the same thing. They use their starter soldier and as many runners as they can crank out and run for the base. As my soldier-heavy-soldier team is working slowly towards the base, I get bombarded by runners. What can I do to prevent this? I'll try and find a replay for it

Once a Wolfpack, always a Wolfpack
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2014, 10:50 AM
RE: Those Runner Rushes
Lol hope you didn't spawn that heavy ? Spawning heavy is a bad idea unless ur on the defensive most the time. Back to the point you should have plenty of time to set up a defense on all 1vs1 maps vs a runner rush using soldier or runners ur self Smile show a replay and I'll see if I can help more

You can rip the wings and the horn off a Mobi and try to force it to be a normal whale..But deep down the the Mobi will always be a mobi and you can never hide the scabs Never let anyone try to force you to change!
Find all posts by this user
05-09-2014, 11:10 AM
I'm thinking, if you're getting bombarded by runners, you need to eliminate some fog of war. If you know the runners are there, you can deal with them. Let your opponent waste wits building runners and attacking while you defend, than turn that defense into offense at the right moment.

Live your life as more than plastic.
05-09-2014, 11:17 AM
Please post a replay, and it sounds like you just need some boosted soldiers

Master League poc 13 Master League

I'll be right back, I'm taking the kids to school
05-09-2014, 11:18 AM
Also, don't be worried to let them hit your base a few times. It will give you a massive advantage in units and wits moving forward.

[Image: sig.png]
05-09-2014, 11:22 AM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2014 11:25 AM by spacechef.)
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAkvTLmAkM

Here's one of our 2v2 losses. In regards to the runner rush, the yellow runners were clearly visible during my turn. By paying attention to the replay, you'd know their placement, than you could've either killed them, or defended the base.

I'll also point out your first turn, you spent an extra wit moving the heavy onto the wit space, than moving your boosted soldier onto the heavy's previous space. Better to just move the boosted soldier to the wit space.

Don't worry Legacy, you'll get better over time. It's fun playing with you, some of the tactics used in clever & fluffy league are actually throwing me off, as they don't usually work in gifted and masters. It's fun. Smile

05-09-2014, 11:31 AM
(05-09-2014 11:22 AM)spacechef Wrote:  outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAkvTLmAkM

Here's one of our 2v2 losses. In regards to the runner rush, the yellow runners were clearly visible during my turn. By paying attention to the replay, you'd know their placement, than you could've either killed them, or defended the base.

I'll also point out your first turn, you spent an extra wit moving the heavy onto the wit space, than moving your boosted soldier onto the heavy's previous space. Better to just move the boosted soldier to the wit space.

Don't worry Legacy, you'll get better over time. It's fun playing with you, some of the tactics used in clever & fluffy league are actually throwing me off, as they don't usually work in gifted and masters. It's fun. Smile

This looks more like a win.

I am GameCenter's Chemoeum.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
05-09-2014, 12:15 PM
(05-09-2014 11:31 AM)Chemoeum Wrote:  
(05-09-2014 11:22 AM)spacechef Wrote:  outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAkvTLmAkM

This looks more like a win.

Oops!

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA4o6XpQoM

05-09-2014, 12:16 PM
If the runners are unhealed, then kill them all with healed runners and it will be hard for them to kill your healed runners.

If the runners are healed, then block off your base with soldiers. Then start spamming soldiers and attack if they keep making runners.

As jchris said, it's ok if they hit your base a couple times. Start worrying and defending your base at base hp 2 (3 against adorables)

RIP, these forums

Lost the game
LegacyofFive the goat

05-09-2014, 12:22 PM
The main problem I see is that you guys were playing separately instead of working together. Legacy was going top, and left spacechef to defend mid. By continuing top, you ignored everything in the middle, which allowed them to eventually overrun you. If on turn 16, Legacy takes out the yellow runner in the middle of the map, which he had vision of earlier, you guys win since yellow can only hit the base once, and spacechef can clean up red on his turn.