Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expanding Outwitters Community
04-12-2014, 02:29 PM
Expanding Outwitters Community
I just joined the forums and it seems like it's always the same amazing people: Demon, Doodat, Bbobb, Extreme Ghost, nerocat, Chemoeum, Attack Bomb, and a few more but I see these names most.

We need to get more players not only for the game, but who love it so much that they play in tournies and stuff. Maybe make a tourney directed at low-level players so that people don't get the misconception that you need to be ST to play in a tourney. (I tried a tourney at fluffy but I'm insane so…). If anyone would want to work on that with me that would be great. Get it into the Witter's Digest and then we could have all sorts of people signing up (hopefully). And there would also be a tourney where I would have a fair chance. ^_^

Any other ideas? I think a fluffy-clever only tourney would be super cool. Anyone want to co-run with me?

Once a Wolfpack, always a Wolfpack
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-12-2014, 02:32 PM
RE: Expanding Outwitters Community
A word of warning: Once you have a tournament advertised in the Witter's Digest, there is a very good chance that a lot of the people who will sign up will become inactive and drop out. Especially at the lower levels.

GC name: amoffett11
1v1 Super-Titan
2v2 with .Memories. and 2v2 random Master League

Until you stalk and overrun you can't devour anyone
Find all posts by this user
04-12-2014, 02:39 PM
I can co-run. Haven't run a tournament in a while and let's hope I don't fail this one.
BTW, necrocat has 2 c's

RIP, these forums

Lost the game
LegacyofFive the goat

[Image: sig.png]
04-12-2014, 02:45 PM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2014 02:49 PM by Demon.)
Eijolend used to run fluffy-to-clever tourneys back in the day. Haven't seen one in a while. Good to get less experienced players involved. Unfortunately it may be tricky to get very many players at that level to sign up without a Digest promo, as very few of them are active in the community. Might I suggest a 'waitlist' of players to fill slots left by players who drop? It may jack up your seedings, but it's difficult to have reliable seedings at this skill level anyhow.

GCID: FrozenNorthernKid
1v1, 2v2 w/baustin42, w/spacechef Gifted League
2v2 random, w/ Extreme Ghost, w/ izzilla Master League
------------------------------------------------
"So it goes." - Kurt Vonnegut, 'Slaughterhouse Five'
04-12-2014, 02:47 PM
Should we start it off? Should I make the first post or you?

RIP, these forums

Lost the game
LegacyofFive the goat

04-12-2014, 02:55 PM
I can, but its evening in my time zone so I'll wait until morning. How do we get it in the Witter's Digest?

Once a Wolfpack, always a Wolfpack
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-12-2014, 02:56 PM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2014 02:58 PM by Phyresis.)
(04-12-2014 02:32 PM)amoffett11 Wrote:  A word of warning: Once you have a tournament advertised in the Witter's Digest, there is a very good chance that a lot of the people who will sign up will become inactive and drop out. Especially at the lower levels.

The reason that a lot of tournaments are only masters-supertitans, is this exactly. People that have put in the time to get to super titan are pretty often dedicated to the game. Its hard to say for anyone else.

In any case i think this could be a good thing to try and get going.

The issue right now though is that nothing new has been created, or is going to be created for outwitters in the near future. When this happens, games do nothing but lose players. It is almost impossible to gain players for a game in this state.

I love this community, and would hate to see it go away. We built it up around this amazing game which we all love, but we are losing people almost daily.

In terms of witters digest, just PM alex after everything is ready and signups are open and he can put it up.

Gifted League Gamecenter:Phyresis
OSN Profile
Wolfpack on OSN
WE ARE THE WOLFPACK!
04-12-2014, 03:13 PM
Okay, try to reserve the second post for me.

RIP, these forums

Lost the game
LegacyofFive the goat

04-12-2014, 04:05 PM
Lol dose any one else ever dream of having super powers or super hacking skills or being God
And using ur powers to

#1 make Outwitters update with the lost units never released and 3 maps for each new team

#2 get apple to make Outwitters the game of the year and always have it on the home page in the App Store (it's my dream I get to dream big!)

#3 systematically crash ~candy crush~ (and all the games affiliating with candy crush) FarmVille I got a few more I won't name to prevent an argument haha (srry if you like these games ... But there a disgrace to gamers everywhere XD)
The point of #3 is to create a need in which OML has the product to supply basic marketing

#4 transfer the bank accounts of all the corrupt and greedy crooks of big corporations and big business men who got there cash from scamming hard working folk or war profiteering and secretly deposit it all in OML's bank account

#5 involves music ~bowchikawowo~ and bikinis and a pool/ hot tub combo (hey it's my dream don't hate!)

You can rip the wings and the horn off a Mobi and try to force it to be a normal whale..But deep down the the Mobi will always be a mobi and you can never hide the scabs Never let anyone try to force you to change!
04-12-2014, 10:48 PM
Fluffy/clever tournaments are difficult because not many of them are on the forums. I agree with amofett in how a bunch may come on and sign up because of Witters Digest, but will die out quickly because they only came on for the tournament. So it shouldn't be past 1-2 games.

There are a lot more clever/gifted on the forms, and that skill-range tournament would have a lot more success.

In fact, I don't know if any fluffies currently on the forums. There was one about 2 years back that was in Wolfpack, but has been missing since, and GoHeat was once a fluffy before rising to ST. I am sure a few other started as fluffy, but I don't think anyone is currently at that level.

GC: TheGreatAnt