Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
~Food Chain Tournament~ Final battle!
04-12-2014, 12:16 PM
RE: ~Food Chain Tournament~ Open!!!
(04-12-2014 11:14 AM)Extreme Ghost Wrote:  Omg woot yay 2 more players! Updating now! A kangaroo and a red panda sweetSmile

2 spots left in this ecosystem if any one still wants to join

@ AttackBomb yes it's winner plays on survival of the fittest (as you say royal rumble tournament)
So essentially the max amount of matches any one will have play is 11-13 depending on how many ecosystem get set up (unless you rejoin another ecosystem

@ Jchris98 if your higher ranked in masters and want pushed up just tell me

You just said masters Smile

My largest problem is that those higher on the list have higher chances of winning the tournament then those of bottom. For example, the last player (Necrocat219) has a 50% chance of winning, while as go down the list your percentage is constantly halved. My chances of winning is ( I did the math) less then 0.4%. I find good intentions, but mine and Legacy's chances are so low. See, I'm fine with this format and if you find I'm being a meanie-face-stupid-head, I'll withdraw if you don't want these bad vibes stinkin' up this place.

Gifted League GC ID: Bubba2701Gifted League

If life gives you lemons, you trade them for wheat and make beer.
-AttackBomb
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-12-2014, 12:35 PM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2014 12:37 PM by Extreme Ghost.)
(04-09-2014 11:43 AM)Extreme Ghost Wrote:  Yay 1st sign up !!! ILY!! Flarp55 *cough cough manning up now*

You are correct in the % p1/p2 have the lowest odds % wise but this isn't a game of luck this is a skill game in which lowest rank gets to pick to go 1st/2nd

Also P1&P2 will have an edge experience wise since thay will have played already hypothetically if P1 wins every match thay will have 10 games of experience over P11 Idc if P1 is fluffy & P11 is a ST that amount of experience more in a different playing style will make a difference IMO I hope this helps explains why it is set up the way it is Smile

@AttackBomb ur not the 1st person to say the % is un-fair hope this quote helps

Mabe there needs to be a bigger edge given to all the players who are battling there way up?

I'm not opposed to tweaking the rules!

And letting the lower ranks pick if thay want to go 1st/2nd & picking the map thay want to play on lets put it to a vote Smile? Do you think this would help ?

If it gets put to a vote majority wins yay democracy! Vetoes everything mwhaha!

2 spots left in this ecosystem come on and join da party!

You can rip the wings and the horn off a Mobi and try to force it to be a normal whale..But deep down the the Mobi will always be a mobi and you can never hide the scabs Never let anyone try to force you to change!
04-12-2014, 02:42 PM
(04-12-2014 12:35 PM)Extreme Ghost Wrote:  
(04-09-2014 11:43 AM)Extreme Ghost Wrote:  Yay 1st sign up !!! ILY!! Flarp55 *cough cough manning up now*

You are correct in the % p1/p2 have the lowest odds % wise but this isn't a game of luck this is a skill game in which lowest rank gets to pick to go 1st/2nd

Also P1&P2 will have an edge experience wise since thay will have played already hypothetically if P1 wins every match thay will have 10 games of experience over P11 Idc if P1 is fluffy & P11 is a ST that amount of experience more in a different playing style will make a difference IMO I hope this helps explains why it is set up the way it is Smile

@AttackBomb ur not the 1st person to say the % is un-fair hope this quote helps

Mabe there needs to be a bigger edge given to all the players who are battling there way up?

I'm not opposed to tweaking the rules!

And letting the lower ranks pick if thay want to go 1st/2nd & picking the map thay want to play on lets put it to a vote Smile? Do you think this would help ?

If it gets put to a vote majority wins yay democracy! Vetoes everything mwhaha!

2 spots left in this ecosystem come on and join da party!

Not to mention that necrocat is an ST, so he should have a lower chance.

RIP, these forums

Lost the game
LegacyofFive the goat

[Image: sig.png]
04-12-2014, 03:35 PM
Its not like we are playing rock paper scissors or flipping a coin the luck factors are 0% basically
As mentioned previously the players who get to climb up the food chain get the real edge in experience which is what really will matter in turning the tide vs a ST leve player it gives lower rank players matches to warm up and develop strategies/ideas for later matches

The more skilled/experienced players will win regardless of the order of the line up be thay fluffy or gifted or masters or super titan this is a different playing style and that changes everything

Me and Demon beat teams in 2vs2 all the time who would crush us in 1vs1 XD simply because we have more experience in 2vs2 matches

I got a ton of metaphors/examples I could use if it would help Smile

You can rip the wings and the horn off a Mobi and try to force it to be a normal whale..But deep down the the Mobi will always be a mobi and you can never hide the scabs Never let anyone try to force you to change!
04-12-2014, 05:20 PM
(04-12-2014 03:35 PM)Extreme Ghost Wrote:  Its not like we are playing rock paper scissors or flipping a coin the luck factors are 0% basically
As mentioned previously the players who get to climb up the food chain get the real edge in experience which is what really will matter in turning the tide vs a ST leve player it gives lower rank players matches to warm up and develop strategies/ideas for later matches

The more skilled/experienced players will win regardless of the order of the line up be thay fluffy or gifted or masters or super titan this is a different playing style and that changes everything

Me and Demon beat teams in 2vs2 all the time who would crush us in 1vs1 XD simply because we have more experience in 2vs2 matches

I got a ton of metaphors/examples I could use if it would help Smile

Huh, I never saw it that way. Receiving more practice can gain edges in various situations.

Gifted League GC ID: Bubba2701Gifted League

If life gives you lemons, you trade them for wheat and make beer.
-AttackBomb
04-13-2014, 10:06 AM
Still 2 spots left Smile

04-13-2014, 11:30 AM
I'm currently ranked 49 if that would push me up any.

[Image: sig.png]
04-14-2014, 11:48 AM
Still have 2 spots open Smile

Has the wise ~Owl~ & ~Immortal Jellyfish~ began there battle to the death ?

04-14-2014, 02:35 PM
Attack Bomb practically won. I made a mistake and sniped a heavy, but it makes no difference cuz his heavy is parked in front of my base. Just wait for him to make it official and hit it.

Once a Wolfpack, always a Wolfpack
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-14-2014, 02:50 PM
Ooh I get to play my buddy AB again. Seriously I should learn the rules.

GCID: FrozenNorthernKid
1v1, 2v2 w/baustin42, w/spacechef Gifted League
2v2 random, w/ Extreme Ghost, w/ izzilla Master League
------------------------------------------------
"So it goes." - Kurt Vonnegut, 'Slaughterhouse Five'