Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resigning?
07-15-2012, 10:22 PM
Resigning?
I seem to be winning a lot of games without ever delivering the death blow.

Is it better to resign than lose, or something?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-15-2012, 10:29 PM
RE: Resigning?
I’m going to guess that people don’t want to see the bitter end...
07-15-2012, 10:38 PM
Either your opponents see that you will win in your next turn anyway and want to spare themselves the time or these are highly inactive opponents who didn't do their turn for more than 4 days in which case the system auto-forfeits for them.

There is no difference between losing and resigning.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-15-2012, 10:42 PM
Hey Kami, is there a major penalty for the folks who quit a 2v2 game when there all the bases have 5(!) HP? Those people seem like dicks. Heart
07-15-2012, 10:42 PM
They're not old games timing out, the players must have resigned.

I was just wondering if it's better for your ranking to resign with a base at 5 HP, than to have it wiped out and lose with it at zero on the next move?
07-15-2012, 10:46 PM
(07-15-2012 10:42 PM)Amateur6 Wrote:  Hey Kami, is there a major penalty for the folks who quit a 2v2 game when there all the bases have 5(!) HP? Those people seem like dicks. Heart
Again, did these players really resign by themselves or did the system prune the games due to inactivity. Playing 2v2 with a random partner does have a certain risk element to it. It is highly recommended to find a reliable and active partner on these or other forums in order to avoid any partner-induced frustrations.

(07-15-2012 10:42 PM)Spikeywan Wrote:  They're not old games timing out, the players must have resigned.

I was just wondering if it's better for your ranking to resign with a base at 5 HP, than to have it wiped out and lose with it at zero on the next move?
Not as far as I know - the amount of base health left at the end of a game has no influence on the resulting point and hidden MMR change. There has been a discussion in another thread whether it's good sportsmanship to resign when you see that you've lost or if it is more polite to let your opponent win the game - either way is fine in my opinion.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-15-2012, 10:52 PM
(07-15-2012 10:46 PM)Kamikaze28 Wrote:  Again, did these players really resign by themselves or did the system prune the games due to inactivity. Playing 2v2 with a random partner does have a certain risk element to it. It is highly recommended to find a reliable and active partner on these or other forums in order to avoid any partner-induced frustrations.

Good point, they may have been from my very early games.

Quote:There has been a discussion in another thread whether it's good sportsmanship to resign when you see that you've lost or if it is more polite to let your opponent win the game - either way is fine in my opinion.

I agree that either way is fine for me, although some people may be seeing further ahead than I am!
07-15-2012, 11:58 PM
Thanks guys.

I suppose I'm an eternal optimist, so would always fight until my last breath. Resigning's not in my nature. Big Grin