Poll: Have you lost notifications recently?
Notifications work just fine
They have never worked on my device
They stopped working recently, OML fix this, please.
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Push notifications stopped working recently
10-29-2014, 06:00 AM
RE: Push notifications stopped working recently
Alex, I can confirm that my iPhone 6 is still NOT working. Thanks for looking into this.

(10-28-2014 09:01 PM)onealexleft Wrote:  
(10-14-2014 10:48 PM)krogoth300 Wrote:  I can confirm my older device (iPad), notifications work. My new device (iPhone 6), notifications do not work. I know others with the same situation as well. Both devices iOS8. Thanks Alex!

Can you confirm whether your iphone 6 is now working?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-29-2014, 07:46 AM
(10-28-2014 11:02 PM)[PETA] Doodat Wrote:  Notifications working on iPhone 5 with iOS7
Notifications not working on iPad Mini with iOS7
Game not working on iPhone 5: been on the "Online games require GC" for over a week now.

what's your current ingame name?

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan
10-29-2014, 03:41 PM (This post was last modified: 10-29-2014 03:45 PM by onealexleft.)
(10-29-2014 06:00 AM)krogoth300 Wrote:  Alex, I can confirm that my iPhone 6 is still NOT working. Thanks for looking into this.

(10-14-2014 10:48 PM)krogoth300 Wrote:  I can confirm my older device (iPad), notifications work. My new device (iPhone 6), notifications do not work. I know others with the same situation as well. Both devices iOS8. Thanks Alex!

Just rolled out another potential fix. How about now? Same for Magnum and Apple? Any luck in the past 24 hours?

Apologies for the flakiness of the push servers all these months. It's one of the systems where if something goes wrong, trying to reproduce the exact conditions and states across 2 servers and databases is extremely difficult and tedious. Doing any of this in a dev environment seems to just 'work' so I'm usually left scratching my head. And while I've fixed several issues, it's been a combination of "this fixed it for X group, but not Y, group Z actually is working but they don't fully understand notification settings, etc". Appreciate the patience!

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan
10-29-2014, 07:57 PM
(10-29-2014 03:41 PM)onealexleft Wrote:  
(10-29-2014 06:00 AM)krogoth300 Wrote:  Alex, I can confirm that my iPhone 6 is still NOT working. Thanks for looking into this.

Just rolled out another potential fix. How about now? Same for Magnum and Apple? Any luck in the past 24 hours?

Apologies for the flakiness of the push servers all these months. It's one of the systems where if something goes wrong, trying to reproduce the exact conditions and states across 2 servers and databases is extremely difficult and tedious. Doing any of this in a dev environment seems to just 'work' so I'm usually left scratching my head. And while I've fixed several issues, it's been a combination of "this fixed it for X group, but not Y, group Z actually is working but they don't fully understand notification settings, etc". Appreciate the patience!
Yes, it's fixed. Thank you for looking into it!

1v1: Gifted
2v2: Clever
2v2 with Po0r Yorick: Master League
2v2 with cosh2000, Willey34, Godfreykfho:Fluffy
Gamecenter:Apple 9763
[Image: sig.png]
10-30-2014, 12:11 AM
For the first time ever, I started receiving push notifications today! How did I ever survive without them up to this point?

[PETA] Cor13:4 Wrote:Mobi killed the Scallywag star,
He hit him on the base with his sniper from afar,
He tried to block the alley, but didn't get far,
That's how the Mobi killed the Scallywag star

Best Feedback rank (TGH) 3rd
Best Adorables rank (-DF-) 12th
Best Scallywags rank (-TAM-) 25th
10-30-2014, 12:21 AM
Playing with krogoth300 and we both are getting notifications, thx Alex.
10-30-2014, 12:28 AM
Now that one of the few remaining issues with Outwitters has been solved, I think Adam and Alex can now move onto developing Outwitters 2! Smile

[Image: sig.png]
10-30-2014, 01:46 AM
Fixed my iPhone 6 too! Thanks Alex!
10-30-2014, 04:34 AM
(10-30-2014 12:11 AM)The Great Habudabi Wrote:  For the first time ever, I started receiving push notifications today! How did I ever survive without them up to this point?

The life with and without notifications is so different.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
10-30-2014, 05:32 AM
I started receiving notifications too ! Awesome Tongue

Game Center ID : 27 Pastore.
1v1 : Gifted
I'm up for friendly games to get better Tongue