Poll: Have you lost notifications recently?
Notifications work just fine
They have never worked on my device
They stopped working recently, OML fix this, please.
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Push notifications stopped working recently
04-18-2014, 07:57 PM
RE: Push notifications stopped working recently
I don't know if Adam/Alex help me personally but I don't know how I lived without before now it's working properly

Master League 1v1
2v2 Top 200 #35 with Mag!cguy

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-28-2014, 11:58 PM
This started happening to me. I had them working fine until I turned them off on my phone (I just wanted them on my iPad instead of both), but now they don't work on either. I have also deleted and reinstalled the iCloud backup and game from both devices, with no luck. Any ideas anyone?
09-30-2014, 08:48 PM
Since the update to iOS8 they stopped working.
I also tried to deinstall and reinstall the app - that didn't help.

GameCenter-ID: Alex78HD
10-01-2014, 02:35 PM
(09-30-2014 08:48 PM)Alex78HD Wrote:  Since the update to iOS8 they stopped working.
I also tried to deinstall and reinstall the app - that didn't help.

Anyone else update to iOS 8 having this issue? I'm working on an iOS 8 compatibility update and wanted to confirm this is in fact an issue with iOS 8 specifically and not a red herring.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan
10-01-2014, 02:46 PM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2014 03:08 PM by .Memories..)
I'm on iOS 8.0.2, 5S and my notifications are working normally.

Edit: to clarify, I only use badge icons, and not actual banner or alert notifications. The icon updates as expected, but I don't know about the others.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
10-01-2014, 07:21 PM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2014 07:29 PM by Juslas.)
ios 8 update changed nothing on iPhone 5 that had working push notifications.
Same story on iPad mini with retina, that does not get push notifications.
So iOS 8 is not a cure neither doom. Push works or not just like it did with ios 7.

New iPhone 6 that inherited settings from iPhone 4 (backed up to computer) launched without push notifications. Oddly old iPhone 4 still gets notifications- though it is logged to Game Center with different ID. Not the best solution to save iPhone 4 just to display Outwitters notifications ;-)
10-02-2014, 05:01 AM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2014 05:04 AM by Chemoeum.)
The function to my push notes:

((Games that are my turn) + 5) x B, B = (No turns to play = 0, Turns to play = 1)

I am GameCenter's Chemoeum.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
10-02-2014, 06:22 AM
(10-01-2014 07:21 PM)Juslas Wrote:  ios 8 update changed nothing on iPhone 5 that had working push notifications.
Same story on iPad mini with retina, that does not get push notifications.
So iOS 8 is not a cure neither doom. Push works or not just like it did with ios 7.

New iPhone 6 that inherited settings from iPhone 4 (backed up to computer) launched without push notifications. Oddly old iPhone 4 still gets notifications- though it is logged to Game Center with different ID. Not the best solution to save iPhone 4 just to display Outwitters notifications ;-)

ya the standard for registering push notifications changed in ios8, so new device registrations i suspect are failing.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan
10-02-2014, 12:28 PM
going to be moving to a new push server hopefully sooner rather than later. I've got my fingers crossed this'll help with the missing notifications.

10-09-2014, 01:57 PM
This time of the year has a peek in device changes (till Christmas).
Some reports claim 21 miljon iphone 6 sold already. And new iPads on away ...
There has to be few Outwitters players like me loosing push notifications this year.

But I remain optimistic that Alex can fix push issues with iOS 8 new registration standard!
Clean slate- I hope.