Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Giving Up Before You Get An Opponent
03-28-2014, 08:27 AM (This post was last modified: 03-28-2014 08:38 AM by game_taker.)
RE: Giving Up Before You Get An Opponent
(03-28-2014 07:13 AM)ElPared Wrote:  Coin flips have a 51% chance to come up tails but we still call them even...

Before anyone starts spreading this rumour more I'd like to point out that it is not true. "[Coin flips] are closer to 51/49, biased toward whatever side was up when the coin was thrown into the air."

Reference some article in smithsonian/science about coin flips

Also in regards to why FTA no longer exists it is discussed in the following Thread about FTA. (In reality their is still a bit of FTA, on foundry as I already mentioned, and in the fact that P1 has potential to have +1 more unit then P2 for end of all P1 moves.)

Edit
Why FTA is not a strategy --
Advantage as oppose to Strategy . FTA in foundry exists b/c P1 can create an opening on turn 2 such that P2 cannot defend both his medic and sniper. This is an FTA b/c (First turn) P2 cannot do the same, (Advantage) b/c Medic + sniper in foundry are crucial for winning. This is not a strategy b/c it is the it is the initial position of units that allow the situation to exist. HOWEVER the fact that P1 chooses to take advantage of this FTA is, I'm willing to agree, a type of strategy since P1 choose this type of plan to execute.

somewhere in top 50
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Giving Up Before You Get An Opponent - game_taker - 03-28-2014 08:27 AM