Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are these not being used?
03-29-2014, 05:49 AM (This post was last modified: 03-29-2014 05:49 AM by Chemoeum.)
RE: Why are these not being used?
I thought Judment came back...

I am GameCenter's Chemoeum.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-29-2014, 02:24 PM
looks like there used to be kind of a capture the flag idea going on. Or maybe those flags are the precursor to wit spaces?

I've always thought Capture the Flag would be a fun game mode for outwitters

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
03-29-2014, 02:55 PM
I thought that as well, though a 1-flag CTF doesn't work because of FTA. Maybe 2-flag CTF: first to retrieve opponent's flag and return it to an area near your flag wins. Killing a unit causes it to drop the flag, which maybe resets after a certain number of turns? Mobi too OP though. Grab flag with runner, teleport for the win.

GCID: FrozenNorthernKid
1v1, 2v2 w/baustin42, w/spacechef Gifted League
2v2 random, w/ Extreme Ghost, w/ izzilla Master League
------------------------------------------------
"So it goes." - Kurt Vonnegut, 'Slaughterhouse Five'
03-29-2014, 03:59 PM
(03-29-2014 02:55 PM)Demon Wrote:  I thought that as well, though a 1-flag CTF doesn't work because of FTA. Maybe 2-flag CTF: first to retrieve opponent's flag and return it to an area near your flag wins. Killing a unit causes it to drop the flag, which maybe resets after a certain number of turns? Mobi too OP though. Grab flag with runner, teleport for the win.

Flag carrying units drop the flag and it stays where it was dropped until it's picked up by an opponent again or a friendly unit touches it to automatically return it to its starting position. Mobi'd units drop the flag in the spot they were moved from.

it would also be cool to replace a flag carrier's attack action with a "pass flag" action: Costs 1 wit, used on friendly units only (like medics) and passes the flag from the flag carrier to the target.

Might be OP as you could set up runner chains to carry the flag back in one turn, but I also think CTF maps should be humongous (like big enough you have to scroll even on an iPad) so it'd be difficult to pull that off.

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome