Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uprooting old topics - Veggienaut buff suggestion
03-21-2014, 01:00 PM
RE: Uprooting old topics - Veggienaut buff suggestion
I think the problem with no wit for killing a thorn would be that it destroys the simplicity of the game.

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-21-2014, 01:23 PM
(03-21-2014 11:33 AM)The Great Habudabi Wrote:  I am a fan of any buff for Veggies to make them viable. They are under-represented in the top 200. I would be equally for anything to 'unbuff' Adorables as they are over-represented in the top 200.

It has been debated and shown repeatedly that Adorables aren't better than Scally or Feedback. They just favor a style of play that many in the top 200 prefer. I don't like people looking for an "unbuff" or nerf of Adorables.

[Image: sig.png]
03-21-2014, 01:44 PM
(03-21-2014 01:23 PM)jchris98 Wrote:  
(03-21-2014 11:33 AM)The Great Habudabi Wrote:  I am a fan of any buff for Veggies to make them viable. They are under-represented in the top 200. I would be equally for anything to 'unbuff' Adorables as they are over-represented in the top 200.

It has been debated and shown repeatedly that Adorables aren't better than Scally or Feedback. They just favor a style of play that many in the top 200 prefer. I don't like people looking for an "unbuff" or nerf of Adorables.

I agree adorable's are very balanced in 1vs1 spawning a mobi can actually lose you a game by putting you at a power disadvantage 7 wits for a whale who can't attack and can easily be killed
In 2vs2 that flying whale shines but can still easily lose you a match if not spawned at the right time

You can rip the wings and the horn off a Mobi and try to force it to be a normal whale..But deep down the the Mobi will always be a mobi and you can never hide the scabs Never let anyone try to force you to change!
03-21-2014, 01:52 PM
Agreed, I'm at a disadvantage in one of my league matches due to a poorly timed mobi. In most situations I actually prefer the scrambler anyhow.

GCID: FrozenNorthernKid
1v1, 2v2 w/baustin42, w/spacechef Gifted League
2v2 random, w/ Extreme Ghost, w/ izzilla Master League
------------------------------------------------
"So it goes." - Kurt Vonnegut, 'Slaughterhouse Five'
03-21-2014, 02:45 PM
Another cool way to buff bramble
Be to boost it's attacking power of the 1st vine it spawns to 3dmg and to 2dmg if it spawns another vine off that and normal 1 dmg if it spawns any more than 2 vines

Example- you see an enemy soldier with ur runner you spawn a bramble you move 2 spaces away from the soldier and plant a vine next to the soldier then poke it for 3dmg (if you don't uproot it the vine will only do one dmg next turn)

This will make bramble a very expensive yet very effective heavy hitter
With his 4 movement and the vines 1 gap he could hit 3 dmg 7 spaces away or 2dmg 9spaces away he can already hit 1dmg unlimited spaces away now XD
This would bring in a era where ppl would spawn more than one bramble

Those are the pros

The cons would be you would have to un-root him if you wanted to do the 3/2dmg from the 1st or 2nd vine agin (so he couldn't attack 2 turns in a row) and moving cost 1 wit then making the vine cost 1 wit then attacking cost 1 wit so 3-4 wits to do the 3-2 dmg not very cost effective but will keep whales and bombshells at bay another con would be it still couldn't attack towers (unlike the mobi sniper combo or a bombshell )

You can rip the wings and the horn off a Mobi and try to force it to be a normal whale..But deep down the the Mobi will always be a mobi and you can never hide the scabs Never let anyone try to force you to change!
03-21-2014, 06:40 PM
(03-21-2014 01:00 PM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  I think the problem with no wit for killing a thorn would be that it destroys the simplicity of the game.

I think that is would be simpler to understand in video game logic if this buff was made though. Roots 'aren't real' units in a way, they are offshoots of the bramble so it would make sense that they don't grant a wit.

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
03-22-2014, 06:34 AM
(03-21-2014 06:40 PM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  
(03-21-2014 01:00 PM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  I think the problem with no wit for killing a thorn would be that it destroys the simplicity of the game.

I think that is would be simpler to understand in video game logic if this buff was made though. Roots 'aren't real' units in a way, they are offshoots of the bramble so it would make sense that they don't grant a wit.

That is a good point, IMO.

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-22-2014, 07:24 PM (This post was last modified: 03-22-2014 07:26 PM by Mag!cGuy.)
Am I the only one here that just thinks the main problem of the bramble isn't that it is really under powered, but that it's soooo boring and annoying? Buffing him would lead to more people playing him, thus matches would become less fun. Yeah, I'm squarely for removing bramble, and replacing it by another special, but that will never happen. Smile

Thorns kill the mobility of both sides, there are no fun strategies coming out from this special, battles with bramble make the game last forever... Matter of opinion of course, but I don't think I'm the only one thinking that. ^^

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
03-23-2014, 12:12 AM
(03-22-2014 07:24 PM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  Am I the only one here that just thinks the main problem of the bramble isn't that it is really under powered, but that it's soooo boring and annoying? Buffing him would lead to more people playing him, thus matches would become less fun. Yeah, I'm squarely for removing bramble, and replacing it by another special, but that will never happen. Smile

Thorns kill the mobility of both sides, there are no fun strategies coming out from this special, battles with bramble make the game last forever... Matter of opinion of course, but I don't think I'm the only one thinking that. ^^

I agree, I just can't get into them, especially because I end to obsessively watch the replay to figure out what thorn to unrot,etc.

"Love is patient, love is kind....It does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1st Corinthians 13:4
03-23-2014, 12:31 AM
I have to disagree with you my bramble never kills my mobility only my opponents spawning ur mother vines in places that don't effect you/in patterns so you know where there at prevents them from getting in the way and you can always trim them out ur way for no cost

I still think a small buff would help (I'd perfer for 2 different vines as I said in my 1st post)
But other solutions are
Lower spawn cost to 5 wits -this will allow bramble to become developed sooner and more useful

Increase the vine gap to 2 instead of 1( this would cut down on the amount of vines need overall

When planted a ring of vines becomes planted around the bramble (as long as nothing else is in the way) would allow players to uproot bramble with out loosing everything and who knows having more than one bramble could be useful

Induct a vine rewards program every 3rd/6th/9th ect vine can be spawned for free/ no wit cost

This would allow for more wit effective brambles (with out changing the gameplay/ strategy's )