Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tutoring thread
03-16-2014, 02:08 PM
RE: Tutoring thread
(03-16-2014 01:51 PM)Demonwind66 Wrote:  AB - send me a friendly then, just don't expect too much.

Bbbbobbbbb - I knew I was missing something obvious. Got wrapped up trying to explain how you're not saving as many wits as you think. Also, vision! You can't see crap from your starting troops.

Did you save up on "b's" so you can add them to Bbobb's name?

I am GameCenter's Chemoeum.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-16-2014, 02:29 PM
(03-16-2014 02:08 PM)Chemoeum Wrote:  
(03-16-2014 01:51 PM)Demonwind66 Wrote:  AB - send me a friendly then, just don't expect too much.

Bbbbobbbbb - I knew I was missing something obvious. Got wrapped up trying to explain how you're not saving as many wits as you think. Also, vision! You can't see crap from your starting troops.

Did you save up on "b's" so you can add them to Bbobb's name?

Yes Smile

GCID: FrozenNorthernKid
1v1, 2v2 w/baustin42, w/spacechef Gifted League
2v2 random, w/ Extreme Ghost, w/ izzilla Master League
------------------------------------------------
"So it goes." - Kurt Vonnegut, 'Slaughterhouse Five'
03-16-2014, 03:01 PM
(03-16-2014 01:32 PM)AttackBomb Wrote:  Hey anything can help, and I will ask Mag!cGuy when I gain the courage. He scares me.

Don't let him scare you. He was Gifted and Master long before he was an ST. Wink

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
03-16-2014, 05:37 PM
Who's Mag!cGuy?
03-16-2014, 09:06 PM (This post was last modified: 03-16-2014 09:09 PM by Mag!cGuy.)
Haha guys Big Grin

Yeah you shouldn't be scared, I'm not doing well at all nowadays, compared to other top players! LER4T or pharmafan are far scarier.

I still have a lot of games, once I'll have less I'll send you an invite attackbomb. Been a while I actually didn't coach someone - rather playing friendlies but giving no advices. Tongue

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
03-16-2014, 09:12 PM
Speak of the devil…

GCID: FrozenNorthernKid
1v1, 2v2 w/baustin42, w/spacechef Gifted League
2v2 random, w/ Extreme Ghost, w/ izzilla Master League
------------------------------------------------
"So it goes." - Kurt Vonnegut, 'Slaughterhouse Five'
03-16-2014, 11:00 PM
What?

You can ask a...
(drawing by Chemoeum)

03-17-2014, 12:08 AM
I find it hard to tutor effectively, I can see what people need to improve or what things people can do to get better but some things are so small in the advantage they generate I feel that they can't be made use of at gifted and masters level. It's not meant to be patronising, it's when you're up against people playing with extreme logic and perfection, you win at that point from very small things.

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
03-17-2014, 12:16 AM
Indeed, and that's what i considered when I was coaching last summer: i gave the advices needed to improve in a particular league, and not all the ones I would be able to give, because that would be too much, and not really necessary. And it seemed to work, cuz a lot of people told me they found their ladder battle so easy afterwards Tongue

You can ask a...
(drawing by Chemoeum)

03-17-2014, 12:56 AM (This post was last modified: 03-17-2014 01:01 AM by HuskyPete.)
(03-17-2014 12:16 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  Indeed, and that's what i considered when I was coaching last summer: i gave the advices needed to improve in a particular league, and not all the ones I would be able to give, because that would be too much, and not really necessary. And it seemed to work, cuz a lot of people told me they found their ladder battle so easy afterwards Tongue

Yes. Mag!c helped me go from gifted to top 200 in a very short amount if time with a few crucial tips to tighten up my game, and some focused work on a couple tricky maps. Now I need those advanced tips you guys are talking about to crack ST

Actually that's the difference as you go up in difficulty. When I was gifted, something as simple as a general tip on how to start the match properly and make sure you count out your turn before you start were enough to make a big difference. At the higher levels, there is no tip to make you win. You just need to play better. So learning what "better" is seems to be the key. Since ST have seen all the opens and attacks, it is not enough to follow a script. You need to be able to understand how the plans are generated and modify them to counter your opponent. One mistake at a very early point in the match cann doom you to lose. I sometimes review a 50 turn game and really believe I lost on turn 5. Crazy.