Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
National Outwitters League [Started!]
03-14-2014, 06:45 AM (This post was last modified: 03-14-2014 07:29 AM by HuskyPete.)
RE: National Outwitters League [sign-ups open]
(03-14-2014 06:08 AM)jchris98 Wrote:  But that means that the tournament will last at least 16 weeks for the first round. Plus however long it takes to finish the games. As far as people who have their game slots full, I will consider that. You still have 2 weeks plus however longer the sign ups take, so you should be fine so long as you don't start more. And thanks for your idea lawtai, and in interest of getting it started soon I have asked Adam to promote this now.

I think a tourney this large with 32 players playing 16 games will be long no matter what. I kind of like the idea of stretching it intentionally like a football season. But I'll play either way. Just brainstorming to find possible solutions.

Sorry I'm obsessed with this. I really think it is an awesome idea. Outwitters league like football. Some more reasons I would like to advocate for the spread out schedule.

1. It would bring the excitement of playoff races like the NFL. "Week 14, I have a must win division battle with jchris! The division title could be on the line!"
2. It would allow more people to play. Besides a few hardcore players, I am afraid 16 games at a time will scare many away. Starting 1 a week might be more reasonable.
3. It would bring another level of strategy. If you always pick long 9 for your home games I would see your strategy by later weeks. It would force you to diversify.
4 did I mention the excitement of those last few weeks battling for playoffs?!?!

Some more crazy ideas:

Home team advantage. Each week start a new thread. Home team announces the map and if they are P1 or 2. Then the away team announces their race! So the home team has the advantage of knowing opponent race as a home field advantage.

If NFL team names cause a problem just make the Conferences the Alex and Adam conferences. Divisions could be named after the 4 races. Ex. I'm in the Veggie division in the Alex conference.

Sorry. Just keep thinking about how fun this would be to have a league like this. But I defer to you. I just hope you can get enough people

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: National Outwitters League [sign-ups open] - HuskyPete - 03-14-2014 06:45 AM