Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
National Outwitters League [Started!]
03-12-2014, 03:13 AM
RE: National Outwitters League [sign-ups open]
Tnx for the explanation. So before the play offs we play 16 games and have two cut off moments in order to determine whom to play against.

I am really curious (and excited) how this works out...

(03-12-2014 12:29 AM)HuskyPete Wrote:  
(03-11-2014 11:12 PM)MariBK Wrote:  I do not completely understand the NFL system, but I like to learn it.

MariBK
top 200: #81
Master

Basically in the interest of creating parity, the NFL has a very specific way of scheduling. You play the other 3 teams in your division twice. Then you are assigned an AFC division and an NFC division that you play against. Then for your last 2 games, you play the teams that finished with the same rank as you in their division within your conference. For example:

I am the Patriots. I play the 3 AFC East teams twice (6). Then say I play the NFC North and AFC North for example. That's 8 more games. Now, let's say I won my division last year. My final 2 games will be against the division winners from the AFC South and West.

The idea is that I have 2 harder games then the others in my division. In turn, the last place finishers have 2 easier games because they get to play last place teams. This is one reason why there is usually 1 or 2 NFL teams that have a big improvement each year if they were fortunate to play an easy division and a last place schedule (and possibly get crushed in the playoffs). The fun thing for outwitters is that it might allow a lower ranked player to get a wild card slot because they will play more games against players close to their rank.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: National Outwitters League [sign-ups open] - MariBK - 03-12-2014 03:13 AM