Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
National Outwitters League [Started!]
03-14-2014, 04:27 AM
RE: National Outwitters League [sign-ups open]
I heard your game slot was maximized much higher than 35.

I am GameCenter's Chemoeum.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-14-2014, 04:31 AM
It was maxed to over 100, but it's hard to focus on that many games.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
03-14-2014, 04:59 AM (This post was last modified: 03-14-2014 05:01 AM by HuskyPete.)
Just a suggestion. What if in the spirit of the NFL you had to start the next game each Sunday? So week 1 you start game 1. Week 2 you start game 2. There would be no end requirement but this would stagger start dates at least? If someone did not start on their assigned date it's a forfeit unless they post here (you could say by Minday to take time zones into account)

I love this idea and want it to succeed! Better to take time and make a format that works and people who want to play!

I could even see this continuing into each season. For example, I win the NFC north, in season 1, then you give me the schedule of the real NFC north winner for season 2. Could be a franchise!

[Image: sig.png]
03-14-2014, 05:06 AM
^ This might be helpful for a guy like me who had currently maxed out their 35

GCID: FrozenNorthernKid
1v1, 2v2 w/baustin42, w/spacechef Gifted League
2v2 random, w/ Extreme Ghost, w/ izzilla Master League
------------------------------------------------
"So it goes." - Kurt Vonnegut, 'Slaughterhouse Five'
03-14-2014, 05:09 AM
Ha, I posted exactly what HuskyPete said so I deleted it...but I will add that there would be playoff implications as the season progressed as well...that and just like in the real NFL, teams improve over the course of the season. Just some ideas...I also want to see this succeed.

03-14-2014, 06:08 AM
But that means that the tournament will last at least 16 weeks for the first round. Plus however long it takes to finish the games. As far as people who have their game slots full, I will consider that. You still have 2 weeks plus however longer the sign ups take, so you should be fine so long as you don't start more. And thanks for your idea lawtai, and in interest of getting it started soon I have asked Adam to promote this now.

03-14-2014, 06:15 AM (This post was last modified: 03-14-2014 06:16 AM by Demon.)
(03-14-2014 06:08 AM)jchris98 Wrote:  But that means that the tournament will last at least 16 weeks for the first round. Plus however long it takes to finish the games. As far as people who have their game slots full, I will consider that. You still have 2 weeks plus however longer the sign ups take, so you should be fine so long as you don't start more. And thanks for your idea lawtai, and in interest of getting it started soon I have asked Adam to promote this now.

Now that you mention it, I'm almost certain I can clear slots fast enough. If it becomes an issue, I'll PM you. In the meantime, I probably will start fewer games Smile

GCID: FrozenNorthernKid
1v1, 2v2 w/baustin42, w/spacechef Gifted League
2v2 random, w/ Extreme Ghost, w/ izzilla Master League
------------------------------------------------
"So it goes." - Kurt Vonnegut, 'Slaughterhouse Five'
03-14-2014, 06:45 AM (This post was last modified: 03-14-2014 07:29 AM by HuskyPete.)
(03-14-2014 06:08 AM)jchris98 Wrote:  But that means that the tournament will last at least 16 weeks for the first round. Plus however long it takes to finish the games. As far as people who have their game slots full, I will consider that. You still have 2 weeks plus however longer the sign ups take, so you should be fine so long as you don't start more. And thanks for your idea lawtai, and in interest of getting it started soon I have asked Adam to promote this now.

I think a tourney this large with 32 players playing 16 games will be long no matter what. I kind of like the idea of stretching it intentionally like a football season. But I'll play either way. Just brainstorming to find possible solutions.

Sorry I'm obsessed with this. I really think it is an awesome idea. Outwitters league like football. Some more reasons I would like to advocate for the spread out schedule.

1. It would bring the excitement of playoff races like the NFL. "Week 14, I have a must win division battle with jchris! The division title could be on the line!"
2. It would allow more people to play. Besides a few hardcore players, I am afraid 16 games at a time will scare many away. Starting 1 a week might be more reasonable.
3. It would bring another level of strategy. If you always pick long 9 for your home games I would see your strategy by later weeks. It would force you to diversify.
4 did I mention the excitement of those last few weeks battling for playoffs?!?!

Some more crazy ideas:

Home team advantage. Each week start a new thread. Home team announces the map and if they are P1 or 2. Then the away team announces their race! So the home team has the advantage of knowing opponent race as a home field advantage.

If NFL team names cause a problem just make the Conferences the Alex and Adam conferences. Divisions could be named after the 4 races. Ex. I'm in the Veggie division in the Alex conference.

Sorry. Just keep thinking about how fun this would be to have a league like this. But I defer to you. I just hope you can get enough people

03-14-2014, 07:50 AM
One of the reasons I don't like that is because it would give people to commit 16 weeks of outwitters, with vacations and the like, I think we would see a lot of forfeits.

03-15-2014, 12:08 AM
(03-14-2014 07:50 AM)jchris98 Wrote:  One of the reasons I don't like that is because it would give people to commit 16 weeks of outwitters, with vacations and the like, I think we would see a lot of forfeits.

True, but that can happen regardless. World Cup is at 8 weeks and I'm pretty sure it will get to 12 maybe 16.

Also, some people may forfeit as you say but there's also a chance of people forfeiting some matches with 16 in the queue...Im not even sure if I can handle 16 at a time. Plus wouldn't that only leave 4 slots for those of us without the game limit upgrade? I think it's 20 with the über pack right?

How about 2 or 3 games a week?

And again, I think this is a great idea Jchris, just spitballing ideas so that we can complete the teams somehow.