Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
National Outwitters League [Started!]
05-06-2014, 05:18 AM
RE: National Outwitters League [Started!]
(05-06-2014 03:49 AM)lawtai Wrote:  Any more updates for this?

I only recieved responses from some players so I'm going to count all those matches unaccounted for as forfeits and update the spreadsheet. Ill try to do it tonight. We should have a pretty good idea of the playoff scenario... I know there are still some matches wrapping up including some for me so that may affect some standings.

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2014, 05:32 AM
Thanks for the work!

05-06-2014, 05:37 AM
(05-06-2014 05:18 AM)mr_13en Wrote:  

I only recieved responses from some players so I'm going to count all those matches unaccounted for as forfeits and update the spreadsheet. Ill try to do it tonight. We should have a pretty good idea of the playoff scenario... I know there are still some matches wrapping up including some for me so that may affect some standings.

Necro started his game against me a few days ago. I've been cutting back a little on my playing, so I only have it on my iPad at home. This limits my turn making speed.

Not sure if that game will affect the standings or not.. I'd rather it not be counted as a forfeit if possible, but I understand the need to keep moving, especially if it doesn't affect the outcome.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
05-06-2014, 07:26 AM
(05-06-2014 05:37 AM).Memories. Wrote:  
(05-06-2014 05:18 AM)mr_13en Wrote:  

Necro started his game against me a few days ago. I've been cutting back a little on my playing, so I only have it on my iPad at home. This limits my turn making speed.

Not sure if that game will affect the standings or not.. I'd rather it not be counted as a forfeit if possible, but I understand the need to keep moving, especially if it doesn't affect the outcome.

Thanks Mems, Necro mentioned that he started his match with you and told him so long as you were ok with it, which I remember you saying you were open to it. I don't know how that will affect the standings yet.

No worries, we all play at different speeds. I'll see if I can also figure out what matches are still ongoing and let everyone know.

05-06-2014, 01:37 PM
Alright guys, here's the latest. It took me a while to account for all of the forfeits so I wasn't able to get to the ongoing matches. Some I know are ongoing others I'm not sure, but either way it will have to wait for tomorrow. In the meantime here are the current standings. It doesn't look like there will be much change except for maybe the wild cards. Based on the current standings JChris actually gets in over Doodat by a hair based on the Strength of Victory calculation....but this may shift depending on how ongoing matches end up. If you have ongoing matches, please post and let us know. It will make it easier on me. If not, expect a PM coming your way. Thanks fellas, and cheers.

[Image: 5IBfRzn.png]

05-06-2014, 01:51 PM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2014 01:52 PM by [PETA] Doodat.)
Looks like I'm out for sure. I think Memories has a better tiebreaker score vs me as well.

I wonder how that strength of victory is calculated.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
05-06-2014, 02:28 PM
Well we won't know for sure until all games are completed...I just noticed that Spacechef is also 9-7 and I forgot to include him in the strength of victory calculation.

Doodat, what you do is look at all of the opponents you defeated and combine their wins and losses and figure out that win percentage. Then do that for the other teams you're tied with. Whoever has the highest percentage gets the spot. I'll share the calculation tomorrow when I get a chance. I gotta redo it anyway and see how Spacechef stacks up.

05-06-2014, 08:05 PM
If I'm tied with gaebora does he get the higher spot due to conference record or would I due to winning head to head?

05-06-2014, 10:23 PM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2014 10:45 PM by mr_13en.)
(05-06-2014 08:05 PM)lawtai Wrote:  If I'm tied with gaebora does he get the higher spot due to conference record or would I due to winning head to head?

I placed him higher due to conference record but I'm not 100% sure that's what it goes by. Once it's time to determine seeding I'll look up the rules on it and make sure I get it right. You're right, it may depend on head to head.

Week 15, HOU @IND
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAwp6_3woM

Gg Smile

Just so that I practice what I preach and to set an example of what would be helpful info...I have 2 matches left:

Week 9 IND @HOU (Husky Pete)
Week 11 IND @TEN (Philr66)

05-06-2014, 11:52 PM
Here's what the Strength of Victory calculation looks like. It's very simple and I didn't include the names of the teams defeated, but for now it demonstrates the calculation. Hope my math is right. Feel free to check it.

[Image: fKdv1CX.png]