Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
OSN Data Sharing Initiative
04-24-2014, 12:20 AM (This post was last modified: 04-24-2014 12:21 AM by Necrocat219.)
RE: OSN Data Sharing Initiative
There are only 24 games there, and I know 2 of those are mine Tongue

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-24-2014, 12:32 AM
(04-23-2014 08:06 AM)HuskyPete Wrote:  I probably don't even want to know but would it be possible to call up all matches between 2 players/record between 2 players?

This is difficult but possible. I'm thinking about building a document which will produce a lot of interesting stats, and this could be one of them.

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
04-24-2014, 02:35 AM
Is it possible to know the race ratios for each map? What about a player's win ratio for each map? Fluffy League
04-24-2014, 02:36 AM
(04-23-2014 08:06 AM)HuskyPete Wrote:  Scally only beats veggies 58% in ST?

I probably don't even want to know but would it be possible to call up all matches between 2 players/record between 2 players?

On certain map scally actually don't have advantages, like tg and reaper. I'm thinking of doing this stat separately for each map, maybe this weekend.
It's not difficult to call up games between two certain players actually, just simply use condition (p1id=A and p2id=B) or (p1id=B and p2id=A). But there might not be enough number of games for analysis purpose. ofc at least we can just see a win rate.

Fluffy League
04-24-2014, 03:13 AM
Are you guys doing your work in excel or creating a program to sift through the data?

[Image: sig.png]
04-24-2014, 03:29 AM (This post was last modified: 04-24-2014 03:31 AM by GreatGonzales.)
I was gonna create a google doc and share. Would want to set it up so I can just drop in the latest dataset and have all stats update programmatically with formulas.

(04-24-2014 02:36 AM)His_Daddy Wrote:  It's not difficult to call up games between two certain players actually, just simply use condition (p1id=A and p2id=B) or (p1id=B and p2id=A). But there might not be enough number of games for analysis purpose. ofc at least we can just see a win rate.

Yeah that's how I was thinking of doing it. Not sure how you're working with the data but I was going to do it in excel/google docs. I want to be able to set up a form where people can enter two player names and then it will automatically produce the stats. You're right though, not a lot of data now so it won't be very useful until we get more.

04-24-2014, 06:06 AM (This post was last modified: 04-24-2014 06:07 AM by His_Daddy.)
(04-24-2014 03:13 AM)lawtai Wrote:  Are you guys doing your work in excel or creating a program to sift through the data?

I'm using R because it's free and easy for me. But it's not click based and not very user friendly. GG is creating something easier to use with the powerful google doc, which to my understanding is similar to Java and the outcome might be a panel with buttons so everyone can use it.

Fluffy League
04-24-2014, 06:27 AM
(04-24-2014 06:06 AM)His_Daddy Wrote:  
(04-24-2014 03:13 AM)lawtai Wrote:  Are you guys doing your work in excel or creating a program to sift through the data?

I'm using R because it's free and easy for me. But it's not click based and not very user friendly. GG is creating something easier to use with the powerful google doc, which to my understanding is similar to Java and the outcome might be a panel with buttons so everyone can use it.

http://www.r-project.org/index.html

Interesting, haven't heard of this. I'll have to file this away - did you teach yourself how to use R?

04-24-2014, 06:49 AM
(04-24-2014 02:36 AM)His_Daddy Wrote:  
(04-23-2014 08:06 AM)HuskyPete Wrote:  Scally only beats veggies 58% in ST?

I probably don't even want to know but would it be possible to call up all matches between 2 players/record between 2 players?

On certain map scally actually don't have advantages, like tg and reaper. I'm thinking of doing this stat separately for each map, maybe this weekend.
It's not difficult to call up games between two certain players actually, just simply use condition (p1id=A and p2id=B) or (p1id=B and p2id=A). But there might not be enough number of games for analysis purpose. ofc at least we can just see a win rate.

I find I play the same players quite a bit. Would be interesting just to see oh I am 3-9 against this guy. Crap... Although then I would probably lose faster lol.

[Image: sig.png]
04-24-2014, 07:03 AM
(04-24-2014 06:27 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  Interesting, haven't heard of this. I'll have to file this away - did you teach yourself how to use R?
Nah, learnt it from class. I was stat major.
SAS, R, STATA, SPSS, Sudaan are the top packages in stat area and R is my personal favorite.
It's not that difficult to learn though, basically you can find most of the answers to your question on google.

Fluffy League