Poll: How many points should quitting cost?
Same as now
Double points
TRIPLE THE POINTS!!!
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Quitting should cost more points!!!
03-07-2014, 03:51 AM
RE: Quitting should cost more points!!!
I believe that giving up a turn before you are finished shows that you are intelligent enough to know that you are finished.

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-07-2014, 04:01 AM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2014 05:35 AM by TheGreatErenan.)
If you're interested in talking about it, there's more to say. I don't think the issue of whether people resign out of spite boils down to differences of opinion. What seems most plausible to me is that people resign matches for different reasons. I don't deny that some may resign out of resentment, and I suppose this would make them poor losers, but to think that anyone who resigns is resentful about having lost is, in my opinion, a bit of a stretch. In cases where your opponent says something rude in the chat window, I think it's pretty clear that they are a poor loser, and I'd say your annoyance at this would be justified. But if they don't say anything, I think it's not really a safe assumption to think that they are a poor loser here. And if they say "GG" then this is definitely a sign that they are not a poor loser. They are conceding that you beat them.

As a community, we have discussed this many times, and there is a strong feeling among a large portion of the player base on these forums that when in a clearly winning position, they'd actually rather their opponent concede the loss and simply resign than go through the motions of playing the last few futile turns. There is another group in our community that feels differently. They prefer to play those futile turns in order to give their opponent the satisfaction of actually destroying the base. Apparently, you fall into this latter camp, and that's fine. I just want to point out that those opponents who resign are not necessarily doing so out of spite, and in fact, many of them are probably doing so because they consider it polite. This is important to understand.

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-07-2014, 05:18 AM
Very smart argument. Thats the discussion I was hoping for...

Gifted LeagueI dont play video games because I have no life... I play video games because I choose to have many...Gifted League
New GC LUISFROMPR
03-07-2014, 05:27 AM
That is one of his strongest attributes on the forum.

I am GameCenter's Chemoeum.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
03-07-2014, 06:05 AM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2014 06:06 AM by El_Yayo_Claudio.)
I see that from a lot of you. Im glad I started writing here as well as reading. This is the reason I love this game. Its like chess and cartoons made into a video game hahaha. And your drawings are incredible.

Gifted LeagueI dont play video games because I have no life... I play video games because I choose to have many...Gifted League
New GC LUISFROMPR
03-07-2014, 06:33 AM
We always appreciate an opinion, even if we don't agree…

GCID: FrozenNorthernKid
1v1, 2v2 w/baustin42, w/spacechef Gifted League
2v2 random, w/ Extreme Ghost, w/ izzilla Master League
------------------------------------------------
"So it goes." - Kurt Vonnegut, 'Slaughterhouse Five'
03-07-2014, 08:53 AM
(03-07-2014 06:33 AM)Demonwind66 Wrote:  We always appreciate an opinion, even if we don't agree…

Though always angry attitudes get annoying. Thankfully that doesn't happen much.

GC: TheGreatAnt
03-07-2014, 09:16 AM
I guess some people just LOVE the pleasure of clicking a few extra buttons.

"for the cake shall only be a lie if you truly believe it is a lie"
03-07-2014, 11:44 AM
(03-07-2014 08:53 AM)TheGreatAnt Wrote:  
(03-07-2014 06:33 AM)Demonwind66 Wrote:  We always appreciate an opinion, even if we don't agree…

Though always angry attitudes get annoying. Thankfully that doesn't happen much.

What are you tryin to say, huh? You wanna fight?

GCID: FrozenNorthernKid
1v1, 2v2 w/baustin42, w/spacechef Gifted League
2v2 random, w/ Extreme Ghost, w/ izzilla Master League
------------------------------------------------
"So it goes." - Kurt Vonnegut, 'Slaughterhouse Five'
03-07-2014, 11:53 AM
It is scientifically impossible to physically fight over a public internet forum.

I am GameCenter's Chemoeum.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!