Poll: How many points should quitting cost?
Same as now
Double points
TRIPLE THE POINTS!!!
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Quitting should cost more points!!!
03-06-2014, 12:44 PM
Bug Quitting should cost more points!!!
AngryAngryAngry Quitting should cost double the points it does now!!! Please make this happen OML!!! Case in point:
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICArPzRwwsM
This guy had me in the ropes for one point left. I came back to beat him and he quit while still having 3 base points. This ruins the game even worse that the Brambles. Thank you for listening.

Gifted LeagueI dont play video games because I have no life... I play video games because I choose to have many...Gifted League
New GC LUISFROMPR
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-06-2014, 12:54 PM
RE: Quitting should cost more points!!!
I'm glad this is in Poppycock.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
03-06-2014, 01:07 PM
I don't think this should happen, actually. Why have a give up function anyway if you lose more points from it than losing the match?

I am GameCenter's Chemoeum.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
03-06-2014, 01:14 PM
I appreciate the feedback... Chemomeum... Why would you play to end quitting? TAKE THE DAMN LOSS!

Gifted LeagueI dont play video games because I have no life... I play video games because I choose to have many...Gifted League
New GC LUISFROMPR
03-06-2014, 01:18 PM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2014 01:21 PM by TheUberKid.)
I think this is a terrible idea. If you are going to lose for sure, why are you going to wait for your opponent while your game list fills up? It wastes yours AND your opponent's time. Also, what's so bad if someone forfeits? It means you won the game. If you were going to win anyway, what's so bad about it? I see no sense in this proposal. Sorry.

Just answer this question:

Your opponent forfeits. Why is this a bad thing? You are not quitting when you forfeit, but admitting your loss, and what's the point of waiting up to a couple days for your opponent's inevitable response?

It's not like we don't lose if we forfeit.

Also, I can already guess who voted "TRIPLE!". XD
Your poll isn't really an accurate poll if you put yourself in it.

"for the cake shall only be a lie if you truly believe it is a lie"
03-06-2014, 01:25 PM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2014 01:37 PM by El_Yayo_Claudio.)
True, but as the poster I think Im entitled to vote which I havent taken yet anyways... Besides I said double... There goes your argument

New GC LUISFROMPR
03-06-2014, 01:31 PM
I don't understand this at all... A win is a win, you shouldn't force an opponent to keep playing. That's a waste of your time and your opponents time.

[Image: sig.png]
03-06-2014, 01:35 PM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2014 01:38 PM by El_Yayo_Claudio.)
Fair enough. But if I use my limited free time to actually sit down and tend to my games, I find it a little frustrating that after 40 plus moves, simply see a forfeit. Specially taking out somebody good

New GC LUISFROMPR
03-06-2014, 01:42 PM
I'm not understanding the point of your proposal or your problem with the 'give up' function. Admitting loss saves everybody time and effort, and I don't think it makes sense to penalize players who do so.

GCID: FrozenNorthernKid
1v1, 2v2 w/baustin42, w/spacechef Gifted League
2v2 random, w/ Extreme Ghost, w/ izzilla Master League
------------------------------------------------
"So it goes." - Kurt Vonnegut, 'Slaughterhouse Five'
03-06-2014, 01:59 PM
Im not attacking the option. Im simply venting and stating that it should cost more points against the ones doing it out of spite or to ruin the other person's chance to win fairly. When you see that many moves and a quit, it pissed me off. But as I said before, I do appreciate the feedback guys

New GC LUISFROMPR