Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New special unit idea
03-02-2014, 02:15 PM
New special unit idea
I've thought of a good new special unit I think

The clone
He can jump 2, maybe 3 spaces. Starts with two h.p.
The way he works is he jumps next to a friendly unit and can clone whatever he is next to. The cost to clone would be the same as spawning a new one. Runner 1, soldier 2, etc...
And the new unit would have to be in the space adjacent to both the clone and the existing unit, so there are only two maximum spaces the new unit could be cloned in.

The new unit would have the ability to move and attack still. So you could jump a soldier out, follow him with the special, and clone him, and jump new unit and attack. I think if the existing soldier jumps and attacks, he can't be cloned. But if he only jumps, he can still be cloned.

So essentially you now have a mobile spawn pad.

Thoughts?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2014, 02:22 PM
RE: New special unit idea
Doesn't sound like a very useful special to me, can you explain more?

Master League poc 13 Master League

I'll be right back, I'm taking the kids to school
03-02-2014, 02:34 PM
Mobile spawn pad. I think to be useful he would have to be able to move 3 spaces. But you could move him to the opposite side of the board as your spawn pad, and each turn you could be making soldiers or whatever in two locations. Not sure what else to explain.

You could jump a soldier up 3, follow him with clone, clone soldier, jump new soldier 3 more spaces out and attack. That's one possibility.
Another is just setting him up somewhere and pumping out soldiers across the board from your spawn pad savings the wits of having to move units across board. It would have similarities to the mobi, but very different still.
03-02-2014, 02:38 PM
It's basicly mobi with a tweak the difference being urs has an edge on maps with one spawn tile
And mobi having an edge by not having to have the unit near it or already spawned

You can rip the wings and the horn off a Mobi and try to force it to be a normal whale..But deep down the the Mobi will always be a mobi and you can never hide the scabs Never let anyone try to force you to change!
03-02-2014, 02:55 PM
Kind of interesting. I'm not sure it would be all that much mobi-like. Mobis usually transport snipers, but the cloner requires a unit to be adjacent; therefore, it would be difficult to clone snipers near enemy base. It would probably be used more as a mobile soldier factory; you could use it to support your attacks and make more continuous strikes at the base without worrying so much about counter attacks.

GCID: FrozenNorthernKid
1v1, 2v2 w/baustin42, w/spacechef Gifted League
2v2 random, w/ Extreme Ghost, w/ izzilla Master League
------------------------------------------------
"So it goes." - Kurt Vonnegut, 'Slaughterhouse Five'
03-02-2014, 02:58 PM
Yeah some similarities to mobi, but still very different. The strategies would be cool to see I think. Soldiers and runners. You could clone a runner, then send both out and possibly get two base hits.
There's lots of possibilities. I think it would be a tough adversary.
03-02-2014, 04:43 PM
To make it not too OP, the units "cloned" would have to either cost more or the units cloned would have minimum hp.

GC: TheGreatAnt
03-02-2014, 04:47 PM
I always wondered what the 3 teams that wernt added special units would do
I picture the frosties snow man having a skill that makes a snow storm on all the tiles it lands on making units who pass thru it move 2 less for 2 turns or somthing like that

You can rip the wings and the horn off a Mobi and try to force it to be a normal whale..But deep down the the Mobi will always be a mobi and you can never hide the scabs Never let anyone try to force you to change!
03-02-2014, 05:30 PM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2014 05:31 PM by TheUberKid.)
This is an idea, but I would never use it. It's like a downgraded Mobi.

Mobi: You spawn a soldier on a spawn tile for 2 wits, and use a third wit to make it be next to him.
Unit Idea: You need to use wits and time to get a soldier to be right next to it, and then copy it at the cost of 2 wits.

Also, Adam and Alex have already said that they will not add any more new content to the game.

"for the cake shall only be a lie if you truly believe it is a lie"
03-02-2014, 06:07 PM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2014 06:10 PM by Extreme Ghost.)
Mabe one day thay will make an outwitters2 Smile

Instead of just one unit being special thay can make whole teams with unique skill sets I remember reading thay wished thay did somewhere I'd buy OW2