Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trying to confirm fix for push notifications
02-23-2014, 12:57 PM
RE: Trying to confirm fix for push notifications
No fix here - currently playing on two devices (iPhone and iPad both with iOS7). Tried with both set to banners and alerts - no luck. In game name is also simply3good.

See you space cowboy...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-23-2014, 01:02 PM
I guess our current theory is out. If they are both iOS 7, does anyone have devices on anything other than iOS 7?

I am GameCenter's Chemoeum.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
02-23-2014, 02:00 PM
(02-23-2014 01:02 PM)Chemoeum Wrote:  I guess our current theory is out. If they are both iOS 7, does anyone have devices on anything other than iOS 7?

I do. Still running iOS 6.something.
02-23-2014, 02:25 PM (This post was last modified: 02-23-2014 02:31 PM by Chemoeum.)
So I guess that's out too. iOS 6 and no notes.

Lessee, I have two devices. I have recently deleted/reinstalled the app (failed attempt of the 2v2 beta). I have iPhone 5c iOS 7.0.6 (literally updated 30 mins ago), and iPod Touch 4 iOS 6.1.5. I have access to wifi. I got my phone in October 2013 and my iPod in November 2011. I have updated the app to its latest version. Notifications work perfectly, badge, sound, and banner. Shown in notification center and in lock screen.

May need to be more thorough. Any ideas?

I also have equipped Outwitters wallpaper, lock screen, home screen, both devices. Haha Big Grin

I am GameCenter's Chemoeum.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
02-23-2014, 08:26 PM (This post was last modified: 02-23-2014 10:41 PM by Juslas.)
I do get notifications, they appear as double at the moment. One turn is presented as number 2 on icon.
I like to point out that Apple Game Center is not the always on service, once again today I needed to log in again, notification number changed to one, but I was not able to fetch my matches.
Close Outwitters and try again... Business as usual.
09-03-2014, 03:39 AM
(02-22-2014 07:06 AM)onealexleft Wrote:  Does anyone here that had initially disabled push notifications on first launch, and as a result never received any (even if they re-enabled them) still have this issue? I rolled out a fix a day ago to address this. Can those affected confirm/deny they are receiving push notifications now?

I have exactly this issue. Installed the game after a couple of months break. Even though on first startup I (accidentally) choose "disable notifications" on app launch, Outwitters was displayed under Notification center (badges and banners), but the alert style was "none".

I changed it to "banners" and turned everything on, but still no notifications.

Also after re-installing the game (kept it in game center though) no notifications.

Using iPad 2 with iOS 7.1.2

Any news on the issue?

Cheers,
usbStuck (also in-game name)