Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turtle Advice
02-17-2014, 01:39 PM
RE: Turtle Advice
I already said you need to accept that killing a BS is wit inefficient. If I could find a wit efficient way of killing one reliably, I'd use it, but that way works. If you can improve on it I'd be happy to hear your solution.

And if you've let a BS become "well defended" you're in a losing position anyways. Part of beating Scally as Feedback is attacking them before their defenses are set up because, no matter how good your defense, if you let theirs get out of control you'll never break it no matter how many Scramblers you throw at it.

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 11:44 AM
I say BS to that.

In all seriousness, get a runner to scout, and when you see them summon a bombshell, hit em with all you got.

"for the cake shall only be a lie if you truly believe it is a lie"
02-19-2014, 12:16 PM
(02-19-2014 11:44 AM)TheUberKid Wrote:  I say BS to that.

In all seriousness, get a runner to scout, and when you see them summon a bombshell, hit em with all you got.

^Big Grin

Master League poc 13 Master League

I'll be right back, I'm taking the kids to school
02-19-2014, 01:17 PM

Far easier said than done. I've got a game right now as Wags where I did the exact thing people are complaining about and done right, it's nigh impossible to take down. I'll put the replay up when the game ends.

GCID: FrozenNorthernKid
1v1, 2v2 w/baustin42, w/spacechef Gifted League
2v2 random, w/ Extreme Ghost, w/ izzilla Master League
------------------------------------------------
"So it goes." - Kurt Vonnegut, 'Slaughterhouse Five'
02-19-2014, 01:31 PM
(02-19-2014 01:17 PM)Demonwind66 Wrote:  

Far easier said than done. I've got a game right now as Wags where I did the exact thing people are complaining about and done right, it's nigh impossible to take down. I'll put the replay up when the game ends.

So, as a scally player, what works best against you?

Master League poc 13 Master League

I'll be right back, I'm taking the kids to school
02-19-2014, 02:23 PM (This post was last modified: 02-19-2014 02:27 PM by Demon.)
Well I don't play Scally that much, but . . .
I'd say hit it immediately. When the shell first sets up is when you have the most troops capable of attacking the position. Afterwards, your troops are gonna get forced out and the enemy will be able to easily reinforce the position. So early is your best bet, especially if their defenses are hastily constructed and/or incomplete.
This means vision is important (vision is always important, but especially so here). Placing a runner directly behind your soldier wall increases your vision one hex, showing the range where a shell could be placed to hit your wall. Also don't be afraid to sacrifice a runner to peek behind enemy lines (if you can). There's a reason they're so cheap; they're meant to be expendable!

So kinda what Uber said, I guess . . .
Unfortunately, if the shell is placed properly, it's going to be a good trick even touching it, let alone killing it.

02-19-2014, 09:39 PM (This post was last modified: 02-19-2014 09:40 PM by Demon.)
Okay, so here's a game where I set up the shell the right way. There wasn't a whole lot the poor guy could do. When you get in a situation like this, I suggest avoiding the shell altogether. Notice I had a much weaker left side where he might have broken through. Sure I could have moved the shell had he done that, but it costs 3 wits to do so and would have left my shell in a less defensible position.

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA9ODxuAsM

02-20-2014, 01:01 AM
I have a game right now against Neb5555 on War Garden where we are both turtled in pretty well, him with 6 BS and me with 4. No idea how this is going to get broken.. he was amazingly efficient at pumping them out early in the game. He had seven at two different points, but they were both advanced to try to improve his position, and that made it easy for me to pick those two off. But that line of his... ugh.
If anyone has a game where they can demonstrate breaking a line of BSs on War Garden, I'd love to see it.

-DuMonster-
(also plays as DuMontster)
02-20-2014, 09:35 AM (This post was last modified: 02-20-2014 09:37 AM by Flarp55.)

That only works if it's not defended well.

(02-17-2014 01:39 PM)ElPared Wrote:  I already said you need to accept that killing a BS is wit inefficient. If I could find a wit efficient way of killing one reliably, I'd use it, but that way works. If you can improve on it I'd be happy to hear your solution.

And if you've let a BS become "well defended" you're in a losing position anyways. Part of beating Scally as Feedback is attacking them before their defenses are set up because, no matter how good your defense, if you let theirs get out of control you'll never break it no matter how many Scramblers you throw at it.

That's true. The main reason I never play FB is because I'm a defensive player. The best strategy is always to strike early.

RIP, these forums

Lost the game
LegacyofFive the goat

[Image: sig.png]