Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Mindful Massacre Tournament - All Complete - Congrats to GendryStorm!
02-16-2014, 06:37 AM (This post was last modified: 02-16-2014 06:55 AM by Chemoeum.)
RE: Mindful Massacre Tournament - Started
(02-16-2014 05:56 AM)GendryStorm Wrote:  Rule 1. Spawn only runners and scramblers, except
1.1 on maps where there is no pre-deployed medic, a medic can be spawned once.
Rule 2. Pre-deployed units can attack but they are immobilized. They can only move if
2.1 it is a pre-deployed runner.
2.2 it is a medic.
2.3 it is the only unit which can reach a bonus wit space on first/second turn.
2.4 it is needed to uncover a hogged spawn hex.
Rule 3. Players win or lose by spawn-hog.
Rule 4. The medic cannot be killed, but it can be scrambled.

These are the rules as I understood it, but there are still some issues to be addressed, like 2.3. As raised on an earlier post by Juslas, can a pre-deployed unit attack units on its path to uncover a hogged spawn hex?

Yep. It can attack on its way, as long as the enemy is in range of its attack.

(02-16-2014 06:12 AM)GendryStorm Wrote:  
(02-16-2014 06:06 AM)lawtai Wrote:  Can a scrambled non runner move? I was assuming no...

Oh my gosh i moved the scrambled heavy

Unless you were trying to clear one of your spawns.

(02-16-2014 06:23 AM)GendryStorm Wrote:  tournament director, i got my mind scrambled. Lawtai and i agreed to draw our (repeat!) game because i moved a scrambled heavy. I dunno what kind of precedent it would establish though. :|

Okay so here is my game with lawtai

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA9M-wjAgM

(02-16-2014 06:16 AM)lawtai Wrote:  We should just simplify all the rules and say non runners and scramblers can't be used at all. And the medic can be used but can be killed.

But the four rules achieve an interesting and complex gameplay. i think it should stay. However, since we are bound to make mistakes and unintentionally violate the rules (kill a god/medic or move a scrambled non-runner), maybe our TD could just impose penalties on the violator.Confused

I agree. I'll take account of some o' these rules for a second tourney and let someone else lead it because I am having difficulty leading this one.

I am GameCenter's Chemoeum.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mindful Massacre Tournament - Started - Chemoeum - 02-16-2014 06:37 AM