Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"No Spawns Allowed!" Tournament #2 [lawtai wins!]
02-12-2014, 04:50 AM (This post was last modified: 07-29-2014 07:08 AM by TheGreatErenan.)
"No Spawns Allowed!" Tournament #2 [lawtai wins!]
Hi.

Update 07/23/14! I'm using this thread to gauge interest in a third "no spawns" tournament. Click here to discuss. (third tournament sign-ups are underway here)

Update 03/09/14! We have a champion! Congratulations to lawtai for emerging victorious over jchris98 in the final tie-breaker! And thank you to everyone who participated!

Update 03/08/14! Another tie between lawtai and jchris98! We'll have one more final tie-breaker game to determine the champion. Lawtai was first to complete his regular frame matches, so he'll decide to be P1 or P2, and the game will be played on Long Nine.

Update! Three way tie! Memories, lawtai, and jchris98 have each earned six points, so we're going to have a three person round-robin tie-breaker frame! Six games, four games per contestant. 1 point for a win, 0 for a loss, most points after all games are completed wins! If there is another tie, then we'll use head-to-head to resolve the tie, if possible. Otherwise, I guess we'll have to have another tie-breaker! Tongue All tie-breaker games must be on Sweetie Plains!!!

Results spreadsheet is available.

Signups are closed. The tournament begins now! See below for contestant list. Post replays in this thread.

IMPORTANT NOTE: It would be a very good idea to send little chat messages to each other in game to remind each other that you should not spawn any units!

Results spreadsheet is here

As you may know, quite some time ago there was a small tournament of only six players in which the players were not permitted to spawn any units at all and had to defeat their opponents using only the units that were predeployed on the map at game start. I had a lot of fun, and so I thought it would be similarly fun to host a tournament like that one.

So this tournament will be almost exactly like that one, except occurring now instead of whenever the first one was and with a different roster of players.

Like the first tournament, it'll be a six person round robin affair in which each player must play each other player twice, once as P1 and once as P2.

Rules:

1. P1 chooses the map and must send an invite to P2.
2. Do not spawn anything at any point in your matches. This means YOU! <--- This is the most important rule.
3. If you spawn something by accident on a turn later than turn 1 or 2, then it is up to your opponent to decide whether to claim the win or to allow a rematch.
4. You get 1 point for winning and 0 points for losing.
5. Whoever has the most points after all matches are played is the winner.
6. I'll decide later how to approach breaking ties should they occur.

Anyone may sign up. First come, first served. Sign up by posting in this thread with your GameCenter ID. No need to list your league or points or favorite ice cream flavor (flavour?). None of that will have any impact on seeding, since everyone will play everyone else. But you may include your favorite ice cream flavor (flavour?) if you wish, as it will not negatively impact the tournament either.

I won't be participating in this one to leave room for others, but here's an example sign-up post:

TheGreatAndPowerfulErenanOfOz Wrote:Sign me up for this tournament!

Here is my GC ID: TheGreatAndPowerfulErenanOfOz

The tournament will commence sometime shortly after six contestants are signed up. The tournament has started.

Ready, Set, SIGN UP PLAY!

Contestants:

.Memories.
AlliDooisRush
lawtai
FrozenNorthernKid
norahsul
jchris98

Completed Games: 30

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAtMDbsQkM
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA1N-EqAsM
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAtLC9yQoM
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA1J-fsQsM
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAtICqvAsM
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA1P-J2QgM
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA1P-duAkM
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAtKSqtwkM
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAtKTFvwoM
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAtIq5vgoM
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAtLyo6wsM
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAtIjWpgsM
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAtNTGsQsM
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAtIynkwkM
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAtMTWvQkM
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAtNS84AgM
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA9NDRoAoM
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAtIqurwoM
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAtOeGswkM
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAjI-52gsM
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAzPqmqAkM
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAjNH-pgkM
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAjNCWogkM
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAjPuAgAsM
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAtIrkpwkM
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAzLHi4woM
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAzL7--QgM
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAjM_63wkM
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAzLH2kggM
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICArLDsyggM

Tie-breaker Games Completed: 6

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICArPenqAoM
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICArKLntggM
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICArNfO_QoM
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICArKO_ngkM
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICArLfL-goM
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICArNib2AgM

Final tie-breaker match:

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA7KbgnQoM

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-12-2014, 05:08 AM
RE: "No Spawns Allowed!" Tournament #2
I'll sign up - I like this game-type.

GC ID: .Memories.
Favorite Ice Cream: Chocolate

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
02-12-2014, 05:17 AM
:o
GCID: AlliDooisRush
Favorite Ice Cream Flavor: Cookies and Cream

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
02-12-2014, 05:20 AM
Favorite Ice Cream Flavor: Cookie Dough

This is not an application. I just want the world to know what ice cream I like.

I am GameCenter's Chemoeum.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
02-12-2014, 05:38 AM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2014 05:46 AM by lawtai.)
sure, count me in

gcid: lawtai
icecream: strawberry

[Image: sig.png]
02-12-2014, 05:41 AM
Why not. GCID: FrozenNorthernKid
Favorite ice cream: mint chocolate chip

GCID: FrozenNorthernKid
1v1, 2v2 w/baustin42, w/spacechef Gifted League
2v2 random, w/ Extreme Ghost, w/ izzilla Master League
------------------------------------------------
"So it goes." - Kurt Vonnegut, 'Slaughterhouse Five'
02-12-2014, 05:46 AM
(02-12-2014 05:38 AM)lawtai Wrote:  sure, count me in

gcid: lawtai

WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM!?

Wink

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
02-12-2014, 06:55 AM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2014 06:55 AM by Norahsul.)
Norahsul
Mint chocolate chip Smile Smile Smile

I think I am the 6th?
02-12-2014, 06:58 AM
That's five so far. Need one more. Smile

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-12-2014, 07:00 AM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2014 07:01 AM by jchris98.)
Sign me up
Gc: jchris98
Favorite ice cream: rainbow sherbet

[Image: sig.png]