Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"No Spawns Allowed!" Tournament #2 [lawtai wins!]
02-13-2014, 10:34 AM
RE: "No Spawns Allowed!" Tournament #2 [Signups closed, tournament underway]
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAtIjWpgsM

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-13-2014, 11:22 AM
(02-13-2014 10:22 AM)TheGreatErenan Wrote:  I am enjoying these replays immensely. We should do more of these tourneys. Smile

I might just watch next time lol. Though it was fun learning an entire new meta in under 24 hours.

GCID: FrozenNorthernKid
1v1, 2v2 w/baustin42, w/spacechef Gifted League
2v2 random, w/ Extreme Ghost, w/ izzilla Master League
------------------------------------------------
"So it goes." - Kurt Vonnegut, 'Slaughterhouse Five'
02-13-2014, 11:47 AM
Skulduggery is a bad map since you can easily reach a stalemate at the top. Foundry appears to have a big FTA too.

02-13-2014, 11:51 AM
(02-13-2014 11:47 AM)lawtai Wrote:  Skulduggery is a bad map since you can easily reach a stalemate at the top. Foundry appears to have a big FTA too.

I remember Foundry used to have a terrible FTA before they started giving P2 more wits, so in a game mode where the wits don't matter, this makes sense.

GCID: FrozenNorthernKid
1v1, 2v2 w/baustin42, w/spacechef Gifted League
2v2 random, w/ Extreme Ghost, w/ izzilla Master League
------------------------------------------------
"So it goes." - Kurt Vonnegut, 'Slaughterhouse Five'
02-13-2014, 12:07 PM (This post was last modified: 02-13-2014 12:07 PM by TheGreatErenan.)
Yeah, Foundry doesn't seem to work very well for this. Long Nine is pretty good. Sweetie Plains is great. Not sure how I feel about Glitch, really. I think I prefer five unit maps over the three unit ones. And there's still a bunch of untested maps (Thorn Gulley, I'm looking at you).

To some extent this tournament is proving to be sort of an exploration of which maps to avoid. Confused Next time we'll have to restrict map choice a lot.

I'm thinking just Long Nine, Sweetie Plains, and Thorn Gulley, maaaaaaybe Sweet Tooth, but the lack of a runner will probably make things very annoying. Still on the fence about Glitch. No runner. Dodgy

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-13-2014, 12:08 PM
Yea I'm not a big fan of the smaller maps for this.

02-13-2014, 02:21 PM (This post was last modified: 02-13-2014 02:21 PM by TheGreatErenan.)
Actually, come to think of it, at least one game was played on Thorn Gulley in the first tournament a year ago, so it has been tested a little:

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Yxby7Agw

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-13-2014, 04:23 PM
(02-13-2014 12:07 PM)TheGreatErenan Wrote:  maaaaaaybe Sweet Tooth, but the lack of a runner will probably make things very annoying.

I have two games on Sweet Tooth (P1 against lawtai and P2 against norahsul), so we shall see. I think lawtai has me beat.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
02-14-2014, 12:55 AM
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAtNTGsQsM

02-14-2014, 02:34 AM
(02-13-2014 12:07 PM)TheGreatErenan Wrote:  Yeah, Foundry doesn't seem to work very well for this. Long Nine is pretty good. Sweetie Plains is great. Not sure how I feel about Glitch, really. I think I prefer five unit maps over the three unit ones. And there's still a bunch of untested maps (Thorn Gulley, I'm looking at you).

To some extent this tournament is proving to be sort of an exploration of which maps to avoid. Confused Next time we'll have to restrict map choice a lot.

I'm thinking just Long Nine, Sweetie Plains, and Thorn Gulley, maaaaaaybe Sweet Tooth, but the lack of a runner will probably make things very annoying. Still on the fence about Glitch. No runner. Dodgy

It might complicate the simplicity of this, but if you wanted to do more maps, you could make a rule where you are allowed to spawn 1 runner on your first turn for any map where a runner is not a predeployed unit.

"Love is patient, love is kind....It does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1st Corinthians 13:4