Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best unit/ special unit
07-14-2012, 03:19 AM
Question Best unit/ special unit
In your opinion, what is the best unit in the game? (I know it depends on the map, but just in general) and also... which special unit do you think is the best?

Big GrinHuh

Sorry if there's already a thread like this....
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-14-2012, 03:24 AM
RE: Best unit/ special unit
I like to see all so I'm gonna go with a scout. Medic close second
07-14-2012, 03:43 AM
(07-14-2012 03:24 AM)Mad.Whack Wrote:  I like to see all so I'm gonna go with a scout. Medic close second

Every time you call a Runner 'Scout' an Adorables Sniper explodes into confetti.

My favorite special is the Scrambler, it instills fear in my enemies and gives me that little something that sets mad scientists apart from common people.
My favorite unit is a well placed Sniper showing out of nowhere and just obliterating my opponents units.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-14-2012, 06:29 AM (This post was last modified: 07-14-2012 06:30 AM by Fluffysox.)
My favorite is the base Big Grin he likes to keep me alive sometimes. Currently Basey has dietary problems which is why he take up a few Hexs. Me and Basey are working on some exercise routines and eating less of those mobis.
07-14-2012, 08:42 AM
My favorite normal unit is probably the medic. An army of four hp soldiers is hard to deal with.
My favorite special is mobi. Tactical repositioning is pretty strong.
07-14-2012, 10:53 AM
My favorite unit is the soldier. He's pretty much perfect in all ways. The special unit i like is scrambler. He can really change the game if used properly. He increases your troops, and is the only special that can one shot anyone.
07-16-2012, 09:55 AM (This post was last modified: 07-16-2012 10:02 AM by Tripwire.)
Runner. That's the unit which wins all the games for you.

Second is Scrambler, which is far and above what the other two "Special" units can do. Doesn't really matter though, because games are usually decided before they play a role. Special units are rather useless, and it's a bit disappointing that these units are the only things differentiating the 3 factions from one another.

That said, Outwitters is a nice simple game and a welcome distraction from Battle for Wesnoth, and I bought the team pack to support the devs.

Btw, the game somehow decided to drop me into the clever league, and I'm currently ranked #1 with about 150 points difference to the following person. How do I enter the next highest league?
07-16-2012, 04:01 PM
(07-14-2012 06:29 AM)Fluffysox Wrote:  My favorite is the base Big Grin he likes to keep me alive sometimes. Currently Basey has dietary problems which is why he take up a few Hexs. Me and Basey are working on some exercise routines and eating less of those mobis.

Me too! Without him I'm pretty sure we would all lose our games and end up in our own special league below fluffy Huh I tried an exercise routine with him and the more I tried, the more he began to see my Snake runners as gummy worms so...yeah let me know how your program works out Big Grin