Poll: Should OML publish hidden rankings?
Yes, publicize
No, don't publicize
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Publicize hidden rankings
02-10-2014, 11:37 AM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2014 11:39 AM by Necrocat219.)
RE: Publicize hidden rankings
I think elo points make people play really dirty in chess. My phone made a small beep that my opponent didnt notice to show I had a message. i tool it out and apologised for it, turning it off, and back to the game. After 15 minutes of 'thinking' in her losing position she said 'really sorry but i think its best for my team if i claim that' and claimed the win. Lack of sportsmanship in that game has made me have to have a break for a while.

In other words no. Going for top 100, top 200 works better IMO because its likely that scores the higher you get get inflated, so a ST might have a ranking of 1000 and a gifted of 200, but the ranking is completely irrelevant in direct comparison.

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2014, 12:30 PM
Necro, I don't understand that story. How did an opponent in a losing position claim a win?

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
02-10-2014, 12:37 PM
(02-10-2014 12:30 PM)ElPared Wrote:  Necro, I don't understand that story. How did an opponent in a losing position claim a win?

Cause Necro had a phone and looked at it, I think? I don't play competitive chess but I could see that being a rule.

GCID: FrozenNorthernKid
1v1, 2v2 w/baustin42, w/spacechef Gifted League
2v2 random, w/ Extreme Ghost, w/ izzilla Master League
------------------------------------------------
"So it goes." - Kurt Vonnegut, 'Slaughterhouse Five'
02-10-2014, 02:02 PM
Heck ya you should be able to see it
Getting demoted randomly wile ur winning is frustrating

You can rip the wings and the horn off a Mobi and try to force it to be a normal whale..But deep down the the Mobi will always be a mobi and you can never hide the scabs Never let anyone try to force you to change!
02-10-2014, 04:45 PM
IAP statistics pack for ten or twenty dollars. Including access to your match history (with replays) and your personal hidden rank score. Approximation of score for promotion or demotion.
And I voted no. This is data that addicted players are willing to pay (even annually).
02-10-2014, 08:15 PM
I went 'No'. I'm with the school of thought that seeing everyone's hidden rank will discourage players who are lower and see that they are miles away from a promotion.

I do think it would be fine to privately see your own score though, without A&A releasing any promotion/demotion scores. This way you wouldn't know if a score is miles away from promotion, but you could still see that you're improving (without knowing how far you still have to go and being discouraged).

Super-Titan 2v2 Random
Fluffy League True skill level
02-12-2014, 05:28 AM
I don't see the point in not doing it if players don't want to know thay don't have to look XD put it on a diffrent page after the news it discourages new players ?...psh

you know what discourages new players making it out of fluffy to gifted and facing a gifted player who's only in gifted because either the games demoting ppl for no reason or there playing so many matches a day that even tho there winning 2of3 not knowing how Outwitters ranking promotion works is causing them to be demoted then destroying the the newly promoted gifted player in 6-10 turns (that's discouraging) way more than some numbers on a page..

But who are we kidding OML already made there money off outwitters thay already said thay weren't going to spend any more time on it :/

If I didn't enjoy playing it so much and it wasn't so freaking balanced and fair I'd might be Abel to quit

You can rip the wings and the horn off a Mobi and try to force it to be a normal whale..But deep down the the Mobi will always be a mobi and you can never hide the scabs Never let anyone try to force you to change!
02-12-2014, 05:41 AM
OML is still spending time on Outwitters. They just submitted an update to give players 2 and 4 extra wits in 2v2. They just aren't going to do any more content packs (new maps, new races, etc.).

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-12-2014, 08:28 AM
On top of it they haven't made thier money on outwitters. I believe alex said they knew when they made it they wouldn't get thier money back for a long time.
02-12-2014, 10:22 AM
(02-10-2014 08:15 PM)PhilAvery Wrote:  I went 'No'. I'm with the school of thought that seeing everyone's hidden rank will discourage players who are lower and see that they are miles away from a promotion.

I do think it would be fine to privately see your own score though, without A&A releasing any promotion/demotion scores. This way you wouldn't know if a score is miles away from promotion, but you could still see that you're improving (without knowing how far you still have to go and being discouraged).

But people would find out the promotion score when they get promoted, and then they will probably post it.

RIP, these forums

Lost the game
LegacyofFive the goat

[Image: sig.png]