Poll: Should OML publish hidden rankings?
Yes, publicize
No, don't publicize
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Publicize hidden rankings
02-28-2014, 01:20 AM
RE: Publicize hidden rankings
The way thay have it set up now it's like there lieing to the players who don't know about there hidden ranking you climb ur way to the top of ur league ladder only to be thrown down by some hidden rank you knew nothing about.
Ppl who play more should be rewarded not discouraged playing less and prolonging losses should not be the way players outwit there opponents to climb IMO either way it needs a change

You can rip the wings and the horn off a Mobi and try to force it to be a normal whale..But deep down the the Mobi will always be a mobi and you can never hide the scabs Never let anyone try to force you to change!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2014, 04:54 AM
(02-28-2014 01:20 AM)Extreme Ghost Wrote:  The way thay have it set up now it's like there lieing to the players who don't know about there hidden ranking you climb ur way to the top of ur league ladder only to be thrown down by some hidden rank you knew nothing about.
Ppl who play more should be rewarded not discouraged playing less and prolonging losses should not be the way players outwit there opponents to climb IMO either way it needs a change

yeah... it also creates some weird season rollovers. You start again with 0 points, but your hidden ranking remains the same... I am still 30th place in gifted or something and I am being matched against masters...

RIP, these forums

Lost the game
LegacyofFive the goat

[Image: sig.png]
02-28-2014, 10:13 AM
That's not always the case, I've gone in this month from 130 points #35 in my division to 540 #1 and I'm playing masters now

Master League poc 13 Master League

I'll be right back, I'm taking the kids to school
02-28-2014, 12:00 PM
(02-28-2014 10:13 AM)Poc 13 Wrote:  That's not always the case, I've gone in this month from 130 points #35 in my division to 540 #1 and I'm playing masters now

I don't see what ur trying to say?Blush

You can rip the wings and the horn off a Mobi and try to force it to be a normal whale..But deep down the the Mobi will always be a mobi and you can never hide the scabs Never let anyone try to force you to change!
02-28-2014, 12:07 PM
(02-28-2014 01:20 AM)Extreme Ghost Wrote:  The way thay have it set up now it's like there lieing to the players who don't know about there hidden ranking you climb ur way to the top of ur league ladder only to be thrown down by some hidden rank you knew nothing about.

I'm at the top of my division, in other words" I climbed my way to the top of my league ladder" and my hidden ranking is high. You said those who play a lot are discouraged, I played a ton in this month.and skyrocketed in the ranks and hidden ranking

Master League poc 13 Master League

I'll be right back, I'm taking the kids to school
02-28-2014, 01:55 PM
I'm at the top of my division, in other words" I climbed my way to the top of my league ladder" and my hidden ranking is high. You said those who play a lot are discouraged, I played a ton in this month.and skyrocketed in the ranks and hidden ranking
I would like to know how you know your hidden rank is high XD?
For all you know or any of us know any we'er one win/loss from being demoted (unless ur in top 200) being high in ur league is nice but you gain more point per win than loss so if you play a lot your going to climb if you start a bunch of games in gifted then get promoted to masters ur going to climb still in ur league ladder from beating ppl in gifted wile ur in masters but (as I understand) you hidden rank barly moves but say you lose a few of those matches ur hidden rank just plunged you can be #1-10 in ur league be on a 5 game winning streak and bam you lost that one or 2 games then (for some weird reason) ur next win you get demoted
Ello rating system punishes players who play more and rewards players who play less (if that's what there hidden rank system is) regardless of what it is or what you perfer can't we all agree the rating system needs cleaned up and to be more straight forward?

02-28-2014, 02:15 PM
He knows his hidden rank is high because he is being matched with players in Master League.

GCID: FrozenNorthernKid
1v1, 2v2 w/baustin42, w/spacechef Gifted League
2v2 random, w/ Extreme Ghost, w/ izzilla Master League
------------------------------------------------
"So it goes." - Kurt Vonnegut, 'Slaughterhouse Five'
02-28-2014, 02:20 PM
(02-28-2014 02:15 PM)Demonwind66 Wrote:  He knows his hidden rank is high because he is being matched with players in Master League.

How dose that tell you ur hidden rank is high XD if your being matched with players in the same league as you I'd say that was normal if your being matched up with players a league ahead of you then I'd probably. Say it was safe to say ur hidden was high but even then you can't tell only speculate (unless ur top 200) XD

02-28-2014, 02:29 PM
(02-28-2014 02:20 PM)Extreme Ghost Wrote:  
(02-28-2014 02:15 PM)Demonwind66 Wrote:  He knows his hidden rank is high because he is being matched with players in Master League.

How dose that tell you ur hidden rank is high XD if your being matched with players in the same league as you I'd say that was normal if your being matched up with players a league ahead of you then I'd probably. Say it was safe to say ur hidden was high but even then you can't tell only speculate (unless ur top 200) XD

That's what he said. He's in Gifted, but plays against people in Master. Therefore, his hidden rank must be high (for Gifted).

GCID: FrozenNorthernKid
1v1, 2v2 w/baustin42, w/spacechef Gifted League
2v2 random, w/ Extreme Ghost, w/ izzilla Master League
------------------------------------------------
"So it goes." - Kurt Vonnegut, 'Slaughterhouse Five'
02-28-2014, 03:00 PM
Thought he ment he was promoted to masters either way I stick by it's all speculation (since there's no way to tell) which is the point of this thread Smile it's like me telling you I'm a 10 ft tall 400lb 69year old born on the moon sure you could say I was most likely lieing but since I'm hidden(like the true rating)
Guess you never know (unless the admins tweak the system)